Citizen Kane (1941)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is a picture of a woman with one breast revealed in a paper although this is extremely hard to spot as it only appears for a second and is quite blurry.
- At a party for Charles Kane, there are several women that are scantily clad.
- There are a few scenes which includes the buttocks and breasts of several nude statues, though this is non-sexual.
- Some of the banter between Charles Kane and his first wife could be considered sexual, although it's very subtle. Later, an affair is implied between Kane and his (soon-to-be) second wife, resulting in scandal and loss of public elections.
Violence & Gore
- A man slaps a woman in the face.
- A man threatens to break someone's neck.
- A boy shoves a sled into a man's stomach, knocking him into the snow.
- After his second wife walks out on him, Kane goes berserk and tears her bedroom apart.
- One use of very mild language (darn).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking and some casual drinking throughout
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A scene transition features an unexpected appearance of a bird, accompanied by a loud and sudden squawk.
- Appropriate rating would be: PG for thematic elements and drug use