The lead character, called 'The Bride,' was a member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by her lover 'Bill.' Upon realizing she was pregnant with Bill's child, 'The Bride' decided to escape her life as a killer. She fled to Texas, met a young man, who, on the day of their wedding rehearsal was gunned down by an angry and jealous Bill (with the assistance of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad). Four years later, 'The Bride' wakes from a coma, and discovers her baby is gone. She, then, decides to seek revenge upon the five people who destroyed her life and killed her baby. The saga of Kill Bill Volume I begins.Written by
During the animé sequence explaining O-Ren's (Lucy Liu's) origins, you briefly see that O-Ren's father held the rank of Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army. See more »
When "#2" shows the picture of her daughter, she holds by the top/side between shots. See more »
Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I'd like to believe that you're aware enough even now to know that there's nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other... jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most...
Bill... it's your baby...
See more »
Based on the character of 'The Bride' created by Q & U. See more »
On the DVD, the Bride's line, "I could see the faces of the cunts that did this to me and the dick responsible. Members all of Bill's brainchild - the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad." is altered to "I could see the faces of the cunts that did this to me. And the dicks responsible. Members all of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad." (The TBS version uses "tramps" and "jerks" instead.) See more »
1. The bright colour palette does a wonderful job at highlighting the over-the-top nature of the film.
2. The entire animated sequence of the O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu) origin story is gorgeously animated, as well as being impactful and brutal.
3. The score envelops the movie in a pulsating lively aura, and adds reems of energy to the scenes.
4. The action and fight scenes are incredibly entertaining and brilliantly choreographed.
5. The editing is mostly top-notch, especially with the quick cuts adding a lot of vibrancy to the fight scenes.
6. The costume and set design create the outlandish world perfectly.
7. Both Uma Thurman (The Bride) and Lucy Liu deliver great performances.
8. The sound-mixing is very crisp and clean, and it adds so much weight to the action scenes.
9. The make-up and art production is off-the-charts and, in regards to the gore, helps to make the deaths to feel more potent in their execution.
1. The slow-motion used is extremely unattractive and pointless.
2. There is annoying minor usage of stock action screams.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this