Oliver the Eighth (1934)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Stan shoots Ollie's foot with a shotgun, thinking it to be a man's hand at the edge of the bed.
- Ollie is hit on the head with a gold brick, knocking him unconscious.
- Ollie is told he's going to have his throat cut. He doesn't, though.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Imaginary wine is served with imaginary dinner.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The plot revolves around a deranged woman looking for a suitor, and because a man named Oliver double-crossed her, she's set out to kill men named Oliver. Stan and Ollie learn about this too late and are unable to escape the house, so they try to stay awake all night to catch the killer in action. Stan finds a shotgun in the closet, but after misusing it too many times, he is instructed to put it back. When the killer comes into the room, an extra sharp knife in her hand, Stan becomes trapped in the closet and Ollie had been knocked unconscious. Just as she is about to kill him, he wakes up screaming in the barber chair, the whole thing having been a dream.