Las Hurdes (1933)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- No sex and nudity. But it is said a bloodthirsty festival conceals some complex sexual symbols that are never talked about.
Violence & Gore
- During a barbaric festival, a rooster is hanged upside down on rope. Several horsemen try to rip off the head of the rooster, until one of them manages to do so.
- Multiple people are either mentioned or shown to have various diseases. Diseases, such as goitre and malaria are talked about.
- Pigs are said to get killed, while the meat is said to be devoured in three days.
- A little girl is shown to have swollen gums and throat. Two days later, she is said to have died.
- A goat falls down from a cliff and dies.
- A donkey covered with honey is stung to death by a bee swarm.
- A man is said to have been bitten in a finger by a snake. He is later shown to have gotten infection.
- A dead child is shown.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Wine is offered to a whole village population.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several of the scenes deal with high poverty and human misery, along with deaths of people (including children), something that could make some people sad.
- Some animal-loving people may get upset by the animal cruelty and deaths.