Duke - His Horse
|Rest of cast listed alphabetically:|
Ranch Hand (uncredited)
|Charles Le Moyne||...||
Rider (uncredited) (archiveFootage)
|John T. Prince||...||
Bill Carter (uncredited)
Tarzan (uncredited) (archiveFootage)
|Mack V. Wright|
|Hugh Harman||...||(uncredited) (animation sequences)|
|Rudolf Ising||...||(uncredited) (animation sequences)|
|Adele Buffington||...||(screen play)|
|Sid Rogell||...||associate producer|
|Leon Schlesinger||...||co-producer (uncredited)|
|Nicholas Musuraca||...||(photographed by) (as Nick Musuraca)|
|William Clemens||...||film editor (as Wm. Clemens)|
|Tom Bay||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|Edward Burns||...||stunts (uncredited)|
|Leo F. Forbstein||...||musical score / composer: stock music (uncredited)|
|Bernhard Kaun||...||composer: stock music (uncredited)|
- Warner Bros. (1932) (United States) (theatrical) (as The Vitaphone Corporation)
- Warner Bros. (1932) (United Kingdom) (theatrical) (as Warner Bros. Ltd.)
- Warner Brothers First National Films (1933) (Norway) (theatrical)
- Warner Brothers First National Films (1933) (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Warner Bros. (1939) (United States) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Dominant Pictures Corporation (1956) (United States) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Associated Artists Productions (AAP) (1956) (United States) (tv)
- MGM/UA Home Entertainment (1994) (United States) (VHS)
- MGM Home Entertainment (2006) (United Kingdom) (VHS)
- Warner Home Video (2006) (United States) (DVD)
- Voulez Vous Film (2011) (Germany) (DVD)
- KSM (2014) (Germany) (DVD) (John Wayne Edition)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) (this picture made under the jurisdiction of)
John Mason returns to the Sally Ann mine to claim his half share. Janet Cater also returns although her father lost his half share to Joe Ryan. Ryan and his gang are also there to get the gold. A mysterious Phantom is also present. Mason's plan to expose Ryan as an outlaw and to force him to turn his share to Janet works. But when distracted by the Phantom, John is made a prisoner by the gang.
Written by Maurice VanAuken
|Taglines||FIGHTING TO THE FINISH Mile High in the Sky! See more »|
|Parents Guide||Add content advisory for parents »|
|Also Known As||
|Trivia||The statuette of the Maltese Falcon, previously used in the original version of The Maltese Falcon (1931) can be seen in the background inside the house several times and very prominently in the scene where the film's heroine, Sheila Terry, is playing the organ. See more »|
|Movie Connections||Edited from The Phantom City (1928). See more »|
|Soundtracks||She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain See more »|
|Crazy Credits||Duke is listed 2nd in the opening credits (above the title) but not mentioned in the comprehensive cast list. IMDb's policy for such a case is to list the opening credits first and fill in the rest with the comprehensive list. See more »|
Benedict, just why are you back in town? And what are you trying to pull, up at the Mary-Ann?
Benedict: No one's been near that worthless mine for years
Joe Ryan: I'm not so sure it's worthless. You ain't hanging on here for nothing.
Benedict: Joe Ryan, your father was a bad man in this town. What are you trying to do - live up to his record?
Joe Ryan: Listen to me you old carcass, there's plenty of gold in that mine somewhere, and half of it belongs to me. And I've got a deed right here to prove it.
Benedict: Yes, and I got a pretty good idea how you got it
Joe Ryan: Why you old...
[he grabs Benedict as if to strike him]
John Mason: Just a minute...
Joe Ryan: And who invited you into this game?
John Mason: Looked to me like someone was getting a dirty deal. Just thought I'd cut in.
Joe Ryan: Cutting in here ain't the healthiest thing you could do.
John Mason: Well, I'll take that chance. You boys better get moving.
See more »