Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- One kiss.
Violence & Gore
- A child who drowns when a character throws her into a lake, although it's clear that he doesn't intend to hurt her. Her actual death is not shown, though her father carries her body through his village.
- A man threatens the monster with a torch and whips him while he's chained in a cellar.
- A doctor is strangled. A man is hanged.
- A mob of villagers hunts down a monster and chases him into a windmill. They set fire to the windmill, and the monster is shown trapped inside under debris.
- Various scenes of fighting, scuffling, attempted strangulation.
- Some may consider it profane for Dr.Frankenstein to shout in the Name of God now I know what it feels like to be God
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A gravedigger smokes a pipe. A man smokes a cigarette. Characters drink champagne and wine. A sick man is given brandy to drink as a remedy.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- "Frankenstein" focuses less on violence and gore and more on fright and intensity. The appearance of Dr. Frankenstein's Monster is obviously disturbing, and his actions are unpredictably violent.
- There is a scene where the monster picks up a little girl and drops her into the lake, causing her to drown. In an extended version of this scene, the monster runs away, confused and upset at his terrible mistake. Her father carries her body through his village.