Most Popular Lifetime Achievement Award Movies and TV Shows
- Movies or TV
- IMDb Rating
- Instant Watch Options
- In Theaters
- On TV
- Release Year
2. The Sex Awards (2014 TV Special)
TV-MA | 72 min
Who will be crowned the first Porn Star of the Year? In the first fan-voted award show to be shown on television this behind-the-scenes look at the lives of the major porn stars provides ... See full summary »
5. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to James Cagney (1974 TV Special)
75 min | Documentary
Actor James Cagney receives the Second Annual AFI Lifetime Achievement Award as co-workers pay tribute and clips from his films are shown.
6. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Martin Scorsese (1997 TV Special)
The American Film Institute presents Martin Scorsese with their twenty-fifth Life Achievement Award. Director, producer, editor, writer, actor, historian, movie buff, film preservationist ... See full summary »
7. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Fred Astaire (1981 TV Special)
120 min | Documentary, Music
A Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to dancer Fred Astaire by the AFI featuring highlights from his films and reminiscences from his co-workers.
10. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Bette Davis (1977 TV Special)
90 min | Documentary
Jane Fonda hosts the AFI Life Achievement Awards ceremony honoring Bette Davis featuring clips from her films and the reminiscences of many co-workers.
11. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Clint Eastwood (1996 TV Special)
60 min | Documentary
A testimonial presented by the American Film Institute to actor/director Clint Eastwood, including reminiscences by his friends, coworkers and co-stars.
12. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to George Clooney (2018 TV Special)
2018's American Film Institute 46th Life Achievement Award recipient, George Clooney, is feted by celebrities and family at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
13. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to John Williams (2016 TV Special)
66 min | Biography
For the first time The American Film Institute honors a composer, John Williams, with its highest honor. Steven Spielberg presents the award in a ceremony at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
16. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to George Lucas (2005 TV Special)
TV-PG | 120 min
The American Film Institute awards George Lucas with their highest honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award.
17. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to James Stewart (1980 TV Special)
71 min | Documentary, Biography
The American Film Institute gives its eighth Lifetime Achievment Award to James (Jimmy) Stewart in a ceremony hosted by his long-time friend Henry Fonda.
19. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to John Ford (1973 TV Special)
75 min | Documentary
Shortly before his death in 1973, John Ford was given the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award by the AFI while friends and co-workers shared reminiscences.
20. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Henry Fonda (1978 TV Special)
120 min | Documentary
Henry Fonda is honored for his career in theater, television and film by friends, family, and co-workers.
21. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Alfred Hitchcock (1979 TV Special)
100 min | Documentary
On March 7, 1979, Alfred Hitchcock becomes the seventh recipient of the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award.
22. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Billy Wilder (1986 TV Special)
Legendary filmmaker Billy Wilder becomes the 14th recipient of The American Film Institute Life Achievement Award as clips from a number of his classic films are unreeled: "The Major and ... See full summary »
23. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Jack Lemmon (1988 TV Special)
Jack Lemmon is honored by the AFI with a Life Achievement Award hosted by Julie Andrews featuring clips from his films and reminiscences from co-workers.
26. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Lillian Gish (1984 TV Special)
113 min | Documentary
A tribute to actress Lillian Gish, a pioneer in American cinema whose long and distinguished career began in the early silent era.
27. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Elizabeth Taylor (1993 TV Special)
Elizabeth Taylor becomes the twenty-first recipient of The American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award hosted by Carol Burnett and featuring appearances by Michael Caine, Angela ... See full summary »
28. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to William Wyler (1976 TV Special)
120 min | Documentary
In 1976, William Wyler became the fourth recipient of the American Film Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award, following John Ford, James Cagney and Orson Welles. The winner of three Best ... See full summary »
29. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Steven Spielberg (1996 TV Special)
A biography of producer/director Steven Spielberg, showing clips from many of his films and interviews with actors and crew members he has worked with.
33. Mr. Pink Goes to Hollywood (2011 Video)
9 min | Documentary, Short
A short documentary following Yutaka Ikejima - a famous Japanese erotic film director more commonly known as "Mr. Pink" - as he comes to Los Angeles for a film festival, and receives a lifetime achievement award.
34. 1996 Slammy Awards (1996 TV Special)
The World Wrestling Federation holds its own awards show, featuring such categories as "Master of Mat Mechanics," "Match of the Year," "Best Music Video," "Squared Circle Shocker" and "Best Buns."
37. Film Pioneer Jonas Mekas Receives the B3 BEN Award (2017 Video)
4 min | Documentary, Short
On Dec. 3, 2017, Jonas Mekas, flanked by Douglas Gordon, receives the B3 BEN Award for his life's work, category "Lifetime Achievement Award, Influential Artist Moving Image Art" (B3 ... See full summary »
39. Matinee mit Jonas Mekas - Zu Gast: Jonas Mekas und Douglas Gordon (2017 Video)
58 min | Documentary, Talk-Show
Conversation with Jonas Mekas and Douglas Gordon as pioneer filmmaker Mekas receives the honorary lifetime achievement prize B3 BEN Award at the B3 Biennale des bewegten Bildes, in Frankfurt, Germany, on December 3, 2017.