Hawkeye: So This Is Christmas? (2021)
Season 1, Episode 6
Good ending but did not really stick the landing
22 December 2021
This has been a great ride and a lovely show. By far the best TV of the new Marvel shows and very entertaining. Sadly they did not stick the landing properly.

This last episode do have a lot of things going for it. The action is great, all those trick arrows are so much fun and created a lot of laughs. Yelena VS Kate was amazingly fun to watch. There is also emotions, several great payoffs, an owl and a lovely family ending.

On the negative side the Kingpin cameo and events did not really work with the end shot having me roll my eyes. Kate taking a beating that probably should have killed her actually pissed me off. Only one punch from Kingpin should have knocked her out, but she kept going like this is some kind of cartoon. Yelena VS Clint did not work either with the non-emotional babble about Natasha also getting me to roll my eyes. The never ending track suit mafia henchmen running into arrow after arrow was so much fun, but it also made no sense whatsoever.

I think the main issue I had with this final episode, and the show as a whole, is that it feels rushed. There should have been 1-2 more episodes to build things up properly.

In the end though this was fun. A fun show and a fun finale. I am very happy with this show and I hope it comes back in one form or the other.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.