The Lion King (2019)
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ " R A P T U R E " ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
11 August 2019
A ( - M I N I - ) REVIEW .

🔵 UPDATE AS OF THURSDAY ; NOVEMBER 07 , 2019 : " THE LION KING ( 2019 ) " STILL REIGNS SUPREME AS... ( GET THIS ) ..THE ~ S E V E N T H ~ BIGGEST ENGLISH FILM . IN THE WORLD . E V E R . { G O O D B Y E , H A T E R S ...( 😎❗)... } 🔵

______________________________________________________

" ...and the Academy Award for the Best Animated Feature 2020 GOES TO "....... YOU GUESSED IT . JON FAVREAU'S IMMACULATE MASTERPIECE { - DISNEY'S "SILVER-JUBILEE ⭐ RE-INCARNATION" OF THE 1994 SMASH ANIMATION BY THE SAME NAME - } : " THE LION KING , 2019 " . Whether Or Not it actually wins on the day.. doesn't really matter to me, because as far as I'm concerned... IT'S ✅ . ALREADY ✅ . WON ✅ .

I guess you could say that I had a TREMENDOUS ( 💎 ) ADVANTAGE HERE . I came to this with - ZERO - " B A G G A G E ", emotional or otherwise... from ( - A N Y - ) of the previous 'Iterations' of the film ; not having watched A SINGLE ONE. So I was thereby, ENTIRELY ( 😃 ) unsusceptible to the old 'torn-loyalties-and-the-like-TRAP'. As-a-"DIRECT"-result-of-which my Experience of this EXUBERANT, SPRAWLING (❕) & BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL... "SHEER-WORK-OF-SOUL", even : was altogether....... U N T A I N T E D .

Expect a truly 🌠 ENCHANTING comedic voice acting 'performance-in-TANDEM': from the completely ADORABLE Billy Eichner's 'Timon The Meerkat' & the EQUALLY Engaging Seth Rogen's 'Pumbaa The Warthog' . . playing delightfully off each other over PERFECTLY-timed quips. AND, ( But-of-course -❕), as was to be expected, Donald Glover's Beloved "SIMBA - THE LION KING", Beyoncé's { - yes ..( T H E❕)... Beyoncé - } 'Nala The Lioness', & the truly masterful Chiwetel Ejiofor's UTTERLY 'Malign Uncle Scar' delivered their THOROUGHLY-enjoyable ( - & virtually flawless - ) dramatic performances with sheer sang-froid ~ & ~ A P L O M B 💎 .

What's more, 'No means appear to have been spared'.... where the music for the picture is concerned, { helmed by none other than legendary composer HANS ZIMMER HIMSELF }. And finally, there's that freakishly good { " PHOTO-REALISM 🌠❕" } . THE ENTIRELY MIND BLOWING ANIMAL-C.G.I employed in the production, along with the vast array of "Magnificent & Grandiose" ( - digitally Enhanced - ) vistas used to support the narrative, will well & truly leave you.... G E N U I N E L Y - S T U N N E D .

So, in a NUTSHELL.. { & as far as I'm concerned, At Least❕} : CONGRATULATIONS, DEAR JON FAVREAU ( 💎❕) , you will now be remembered for ( among so M A N Y , M A N Y , MA N Y other things ) ushering in, & " CEMENTING 👊 " , REALLY... what will { ~ N O W ~ } forever be known as : " THE GOLDEN AGE OF DIGITAL REALISM " .

A LIVELY , EXUBERANT , " F E R O C I O U S " 13 MARKS OUT OF 10 .......... PAWS DOWN 😉 ❕ .
83 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.