Never heard a cinema audience give a round of applause
24 October 2018
Ok it's the opening day, the cinema is packed, probably 90% Queen fans. The fans ranged from a young girl of about 10 to old gits like me.

Demi Malek is awesome throughout. He obviously worked so hard to not just look but to sound and act like Freddie. Then again they all did.

There have been some negative "professional" reviewer comments and I did read them and I really couldn't work out what they wanted - perhaps a mix of Philadelphia Story and Mama Mia.

The complex relationship between Freddie and Mary Austin as well as Paul Prenterband finally Jim Hutton was explored and dealt with appropriate sensitivity.

Personally I felt it was short and would have loved to peek more behind the curtain to understand where the music that shaped my adolescence came from.

If you've never seen it go to YouTube and watch the Queen performance at Live Aid. The reaction of the crowd wasn't overplayed it was if anything understated

By the way Bryan Singer is credited as Director but he left and Dexter Fletcher stood in and made a pretty good job

Want to see it again
145 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.