Review of Feral

Feral (2017)
Meh
28 June 2018
A wild animal attacks six medical students on a weekend hike in the woods. One by one, they become infected with a "feral disease", turning them into rabid, bloodthirsty creatures, and the vacation becomes a nightmare as they fight to survive each other.

Although Mark Young may not be a big name in genre film, he has been a constant presence for well over a decade, more often than not directing his own scripts. Young first came to my attention with "Tooth & Nail" (2007), quite possibly my favorite entry in that year's 8 Films to Die For. He followed that up with the action film "The Killing Jar" (2010), which saw "Tooth" alumnus Michael Madsen return, as well as Danny Trejo, Lew Temple and Amber Benson (among others).

For "Feral", Young returns to the independent horror genre and has brought Lew Temple with him. Receiving top billing is the beloved Scout Taylor-Compton, who first came to my attention with "Wicked Little Things" (2006), though she remains best known for playing the leading both Rob Zombie "Halloween" films. Rounding out the cast is Olivia Luccardi, who will be recognized from "It Follows", if not her recurring role on "Orange is the New Black".
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.