A Fun Journey Through the Jungle
16 April 2016
The Jungle Book is directed by Jon Favreau and is another version of the classic story. And this is a fantastic film with so much to love. The entire film is CGI and I honestly don't understand how because the film looks so real. The animals, the jungle, everything looks so real. The voice work is also phenomenal. My favorites were Bill Murray as Baloo and Idris Elba as Shere Khan. Baloo is the comic relief while Shere Khan is the fierce and extremely menacing villain. Neel Sethi is in his first movie here as Mowgli and he's terrific. He is able to show great emotion throughout when he's not even looking at real people or things, which is remarkable.

Other voices include Ben Kingsley, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken, and everyone is really good. The story is pretty straight forward and it moves at a pretty quick rate. There are barely any dull moments in the film, but when there are, they're really emotionally captivating. This brings me to my ONE problem with the movie. The scene with Mowgli and Kaa, the snake, kind of comes out of nowhere and completely slows the movie's momentum that was being built before. It was cool to watch but it felt a little misplaced in the movie. Other than that, this is an excellent film. The best aspect about The Jungle Book is its characters since they're so likable and the villain Shere Khan is very well realized and his motivations are clear.

Overall, The Jungle Book is an excellent adaption of the source material. It's witty, funny, entertaining, and emotional to make for an enjoyable film for audiences of all ages. The Jungle Book gets an A.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.