Rampant Racism, Hard to Stomach
24 July 2014
Within the first 15 minutes of the movie, we hear ignorant white people casting aspersions about African Americans twice. The first comes from a patron in the bar who makes fun of a white man for dating a black woman. The second comes from the woman's own boyfriend when he says, "I fell in love with the only black woman who sings off key." This kind of talk makes me sick! Although I realize that this movie was made in the 90s and seems to be set in the 80s, there is really no excuse for such blatant racism. I wanted to turn the movie off at this point, but I want to write a fair review, so I am going to try to watch the whole debacle without throwing up from sheer offensive language.

It irritates me to no end that the characters keep referring to their snowmobiles as "sleds." Those words are not synonymous and mean entirely different things!

Oh, my goodness these people are so whiny and obnoxious. They cannot keep cool or calm in a crisis and do nothing but snap at each other and swear loudly which only breaks down the lines of communication further.

Bad special effects, terribly cheesy soundtrack (if I hear that awesomely 80s country song again, my ears will literally bleed), forgettable characters, a narrator who sounds like he/she (I can't tell) smoked 3 packs a day from birth, and a non-ending (rather, the movie just stops with no real explanation as to what happened or why), I am so glad that this awful flick is over.
2 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.