Mightily foul, magnificently putrid, v1.00
3 September 2013
A Brit story about foul people, not uncommon these days. Just this is a rarity, one that I can love. No pain to watch this one, for me anyway. Even Henry's greatest enemy, Moody Margaret, is so totally magnificent.

The IMDb rating for this, August 2013, was 3.5. That is maybe to be expected, these stories are nearly always rated lower than the target audience would give. As a balance I chose to rate it as 10 just because of that. It is my prediction of how the target audience might rate it.

A more natural for a rating of ten is Aquamarine, but Horrid Henry still has a lot going for it.

The question of whether England is really as putrid as this comedy shows is totally not relevant, but during the summer there was a special season for political policy re those on a low income. The ruling party started the summer extremely low in the popularity charts and by the end of the summer they were flying high, it was the opposition who had sunk really low. News said that Britain was on the way to economic recovery. Meantime those on the lowest income prepared for a future of an even lower income.

England is difficult to understand if one happens to be dispossessed, it is way to easy to misinterpret reality. Another big story of the summer was that of Whistle-blower. I find it easy to consider it foul that he was telling stories based on privileged information, the dispossessed often get messed up by that and by misinterpretations of that. But the information had stuff such as the UK spying on visiting politicians when they came here to talk international politics, that is so horrid that I can totally expect it of modern Brits. When a key aid of Whistle-blower, David Miranda, was arrested this summer I noticed lots of Brit comments to the news being that these were all accepted and normal practices, that the arrest was proper, that the Official Secrets Acts was meant to protect the government when they snooped on their neighbours, that the secret information could lead to terrorist attacks if released.

I personally find it easy to consider Horrid Henry to be saying things about day to day Brits, but that is not the point.

This is a story for pre-teens. Me being a second childhood type at retirement age I consider that there are not enough quality features for these. I also consider it to be quality and also fun. It was also much more affordable than most other video disks. Pointless vomit that I also consider the story to be worthwhile.

If such features are often an important part of the training ground for future actors then one can hope for great things. I do not say great and terrible things.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.