Review of Jism 2

Jism 2 (2012)
Audience taken for ride for Erotic thriller with Pitiable script, Pathetic direction, Lackluster dialogs
22 August 2012
Jism already a hot brand was waiting for by another hottie Sunny Leone to create a perfect combination to seduce audience to come to the theater. Arunoday Singh and Randeep Hooda talented duo were to fill the missing ingredient, had the script been written with sincerity to suit roles, characters and theme. Heavy Urdu moralistic dialogs looks out of place and funny from Sunny. She can say the same what Pamela Anderson quoted once "I am not an actress, I don't think I am an actress. I think I have created a brand and a business." A femme fatal Izna (Sunny Leone), is hired by a young chap an intelligence officer, to expose a hardcore criminal who has been involved in assassination of many govt. high ranking officers, ministers and even bombing of innocent people. In the past she had been the inamorata of this criminal and deserted by him. The agency asks her to use her amorous to take out in-depth information of the terrorist organization kept on his computer. Unfortunately everybody have his own justification of doing the things, right or wrong, irrespective of which side of law they are. In the end personal interest get bigger than the principles, and the ethical code one is working for. Life is a game of cards in which heart is never an asset. Heart always takes over the logics of mind. Exquisite locations and scenes are definitely eye soothing with Sunny's assets exposure and romantic scenes. Nice classic songs but you are not watching a classic or an offbeat film and are completely misfit for this kind of a theme. The songs with beat and fast pace are more appropriate for such films.

It is really unfortunate that producer director and story writer of Mahesh Bhatt's caliber, (ultimately it is his blessing, guidance and banner is at stake), can be so myopic and takes audience for ride. Am sure they should have done better homework to en-cash the brands (Sunny n Jism) they were holding and for their future projects. The movie is B (minus) grade.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.