Acting was acceptable, good action, poor story line
13 August 2012
I could candy coat this and tell you I loved this film, but I won't because I didn't. I thought it was rather poorly written. However the saving grace was the actors themselves that pulled this out of the crapper in my opinion. Nothing new was added here except another layer to the Treadstone, Black Briar, and other Government absurdities from the other three movies. This sequel deals with genetics and DNA manipulation and since this is mentioned in the trailer, there is no spoiler alert needed. These genetic mutations were supposed to eliminate the inconsistencies that existed with Jason Borne (also in the trailer) and the operatives in his program. The way they dealt with how they supposedly "fixed" the inconsistencies is really what was made this an unbelievable script. However, the action and the acting of the two lead characters Rachel Weisz and Jeremy Renner make this movie tolerable. There was no reason to cast people like Stacey Keach or Edward Norton to this cast as they added no value other than their name to this film. Really, any no name actor could have provided the same quality to this film without having to pay for these actors. The plot wasn't too hard to follow, but be prepared for a few flashbacks to the other three movies, which to me, upsets the flow to the movie. The only reason I think they put them in in the first place was for people who may not have seen the other three Borne movies. Other than that, I don't think they're needed.

I wouldn't waste admission price or popcorn on this movie. I only saw it because it was only $5 at the drive in and you got to see another movie after it went off so it didn't cost me that much. Don't worry, it will keep until it comes out on Netflix or Redbox, and then you can watch it without worrying that you are throwing away your money.
127 out of 229 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.