Walter — who plays Lucille Bluth opposite TV husband Tambor as George Bluth Sr. on the quirky Netflix comedy — told the Times during a sit-down with the show’s cast ahead of the Season 5 premiere that she needed to “let go of being angry at him” after incidents they had on set.
“He never crossed the line on our show, with any, you know, sexual whatever,” she added. “Verbally, yes, he harassed me, but he did apologize. I have to let it go. And I have to give you a chance to, you know, for us to be friends again.”
“But it’s hard because honestly — Jason [Bateman] says this happens all the time,” Walter said of the actor who plays her son Michael Bluth. “In like almost 60 years of working, I’ve never had anybody yell at me like that on a set. And it’s hard to deal with, but I’m over it now.”
Other “Arrested Development” cast members weighed in on Tambor’s situation during the interview, including Tony Hale (who plays Buster Bluth), who said that “we’ve all had moments.”
“But not like that, not like that,” Walter said. “That was bad.”
The streaming service announced a 2018 release for season 5 of “Arrested Development” last May, long before Tambor was ousted from his leading role on “Transparent.” The star of the Amazon series was fired in February following sexual misconduct accusations made against him by actresses Van Barnes and Trace Lysette.
Also Read: 'Arrested Development' Season 5 Will Be Split Into 2 Parts
Tambor has denied all accusations of wrongdoing, though he opened up about the experience in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month after Netflix announced Tambor would be returning for the next installment.
Representatives for Walter and Tambor did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.
“Arrested Development” Season 5 Part 1 launches May 29 on Netflix.
Read original story ‘Arrested Development': Jessica Walter Says Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her on Set At TheWrap