- Birth nameDane William DeHaan
- Height5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
- Dane DeHaan recently wrapped production on Amazon Studio's international cocaine drama Zero Zero Zero, in which he stars.
On the silver screen DeHaan was last seen as Billy the Kid in The Kid opposite Ethan Hawke and Chris Pratt. He played the title character in Luc Besson's Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets and was Gore Verbinski's leading man in A Cure For Wellness. In 2016, he starred opposite Tatiana Maslany in the romantic drama Two Lovers and a Bear, which premiered at Cannes.
Dane received rave reviews for his portrayal of James Dean in Anton Corbin's Life, opposite Robert Pattinson. Prior to that he played Harry Osborn/The Green Goblin in Sony Pictures' The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and also starred opposite Aubrey Plaza, John C. Reilly, and Molly Shannon in the dark comedy Life After Beth.
In 2013, Dane was nominated for a Gotham Award in the "Breakthrough actor" category and won "Breakthrough Performer" at the Hamptons International Film Festival for his portrayal of Lucien Carr, opposite Daniel Radcliffe's Alan Ginsberg, in Kill Your Darlings.
The year prior he burst into the film world with his starring role in the box office hit Chronicle alongside Michael B. Jordan. That same year, DeHaan starred in Derek Cianfrance's The Place Beyond the Pines as well as John Hillcoat's Lawless.
In 2010, DeHaan received an Obie Award for Best Performance in the off-Broadway production of The Aliens, written by Annie Baker. The Aliens was given the prestigious honor of "Play of the Year" by The New York Times. He was also critically lauded that year for his portrayal of 'Jesse D'Amato' on HBO's hit drama series In Treatment.
DeHaan began his film career under the direction of two-time Oscar Nominee John Sayles in Amigo. Other film and television credits include Tulip Fever, Lincoln, directed by Steven Spielberg, Devils Knot, and True Blood.- IMDb Mini Biography By: Colin McGinn
- SpouseAnna Wood(June 30, 2012 - present) (2 children)
- ChildrenBowie Rose DeHaan
- ParentsJeff DeHaanCynthia Boscia
- RelativesMeghann Carl(Sibling)
- Often plays dark, disturbed characters
- Deep and drawling voice
- Striking blue eyes
- Shares two roles with James Franco. They have both played Harry Osborn in the Spider-Man series and tragic film star James Dean.
- Married actress Anna Wood in a private ceremony on 30 June 2012, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. The two have been together since 2006.
- Has two children: daughter Bowie Rose DeHaan (b. April 2, 2017) and son Bert Apollo DeHaan (b. May 23, 2020) with wife Anna Wood.
- He has Dutch, German, Italian, English, and smaller amounts of Welsh and Northern Irish (Scots-Irish), ancestry. His surname is Dutch ("De Haan" or "de Haan" means "The Rooster" in Dutch).
- Graduated high school from North Carolina School of the Arts with a concentration in acting along with Hannah Telle, and Mary-Louise Parker.
- I've always said that if I could do anything in the world, I would be a professional golfer.
- I always wanted to be an actor, but my top three favorite actors of all time are Al Pacino, James Dean and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- I love being directed. I always find it helpful to have someone else's brain in the mix and not just have to rely on myself.
- I always thought James Dean was this acting nerd like I am. He was just born with the talent to act and this vivid imagination. But the way he went about getting there was actually kind of annoying.
- I like to believe that most human beings go about things with a point of view that they're just doing what they feel like they need to do at that time. Sometimes people make bad decisions, but it's not evil.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content