News

Fox News Channel 'Parts Ways' With Eric Bolling After Sexting Investigation

Another Fox News Channel scandal has resulted in another very public parting of ways: Eric Bolling is leaving the network, our sister site Variety reports.

In August, Bolling was accused of sending unsolicited pictures of male genitalia to at least two Fox News employees and one Fox Business Network staffer, all of whom were women. The channel hired the law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, who investigated allegations against Bill O’Reilly prior to his ouster from Fnc, to look into the claims.

RelatedBob Beckel Fired From Fox News After Making ‘Insensitive’ Racial Remark

A former co-host of The Five,
See full article at TVLine.com »

Fox News' Eric Bolling Suspended Amid Sexting Investigation

Fox News has suspended Eric Bolling, pending an investigation into sexting allegations.

As first reported by The Huffington Post on Friday, Bolling was accused of sending unsolicited pictures of male genitalia to at least two Fox News employees and one Fox Business Network staffer. Their identities have not been disclosed, but the accusations are reportedly being made by both current and former colleagues.

RelatedMegyn Kelly Gets Today Start Date

The three women were among 14 unnamed sources to come forward as part of HuffPo‘s investigation. One of the women allegedly texted Bolling back (to no response) and asked that
See full article at TVLine.com »

Donald Trump Jr. Visits Hannity Amid Email Scandal: Meeting With Russian Attorney Was 'Opposition Research'

Donald Trump Jr. appeared on Tuesday’s episode of Hannity to explain why he met with a Russian attorney in the midst of his father’s presidential campaign.

RelatedSouth Park Ep: You Probably Won’t See President Trump in Season 21

“In retrospect, I probably would have done things a little differently,” President Donald Trump’s son told Fox NewsSean Hannity, as revealed in a clip released prior to the interview’s full airing.

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump Jr. made public an email chain between himself and someone he believed to be an attorney for the Russian government. According to the emails,
See full article at TVLine.com »

Fox News Dropping 'Fair & Balanced' Slogan After Two Decades

You can’t call Fox News “fair and balanced” anymore… because they’re not calling themselves that anymore.

The cable news network is dropping its famous “Fair & Balanced” marketing slogan, according to New York Magazine — a slogan that’s been an integral part of Fox News since the channel debuted in 1996. The motto was an invention of late founder/chairman Roger Ailes, who resigned last year after a series of sexual-harassment allegations. Fox will reportedly rely on its other tagline going forward: “Most Watched. Most Trusted.”

The “Fair & Balanced” moniker was a controversial one, viewed by some as a way
See full article at TVLine.com »

Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits

Updated with new Fox News statement: A Fox News Channel It department employee who was the target of racially insensitive remarks from The Five co-host Bob Beckel that eventually led to his firing has joined the roster of a legal firm repping several current and former employees in racial discrimination and sexual harassment cases against the network. Wigdor Llp said today that it is now repping the unnamed It worker, and it filed three more complaints on behalf of three…
See full article at Deadline TV »

Megyn Kelly Newsmagazine Gets June Premiere Date at NBC

Megyn Kelly Newsmagazine Gets June Premiere Date at NBC
Megyn Kelly’s Sunday night newsmagazine on NBC has a premiere date — and a rather appropriate title.

Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly will debut on Sunday, June 4 at 7/6c, our sister site Deadline reports. The series will air opposite the venerable 60 Minutes (though the CBS newsmagazine is predominantly in reruns during the summer). Details on the format are sketchy, but sportscaster Erin Andrews is rumored to be one of Kelly’s first guests.

RelatedRoger Ailes Dead: Bill O’Reilly Breaks Silence, Says ‘Hatred Killed Him’

Kelly’s Sunday evening news program is expected to have a limited run this summer,
See full article at TVLine.com »

Anderson Cooper 'Genuinely Sorry' for 'Crude' Remark Made During AC360 — Was the Apology Necessary?

Anderson Cooper 'Genuinely Sorry' for 'Crude' Remark Made During AC360 — Was the Apology Necessary?
Anderson Cooper is the latest cable news host to apologize for an ill-advised comment made on the air.

The AC360 host tweeted on Friday that he is “genuinely sorry” for an incident that took place on his CNN show, in which he told political commentator and Trump supporter Jeffrey Lord that “if [Trump] took a dump on his desk, you would defend it.”

RelatedBob Beckel Fired From Fox News After Making ‘Insensitive’ Racial Remark

Cooper’s remark came on the heels of Lord saying he “[doesn’t] care” what information Trump gives to the Russians, because “he’s the president of the United States.
See full article at TVLine.com »

Bob Beckel Fired From Fox News After Making 'Insensitive' Racial Remark

And then there were… four?

Bob Beckel, a co-host on Fox News Channel’s The Five, was fired on Friday for “making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee,” according to a statement from the network.

RelatedRoger Ailes Dead: Bill O’Reilly Breaks Silence, Says ‘Hatred Killed Him’

This actually marks the second time Beckel has parted ways with Fox News, the first being in 2015:

“We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold The Five hostage to one man’s personal issues,” read a statement from Bill Shine, who was the network’s
See full article at TVLine.com »

Fox News Fires Bob Beckel Over "Insensitive Remark to an African-American Employee"

Fox News has dropped host Bob Beckel for the second time in two years.

"Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee," a Fox News spokesperson stated on Friday, without elaborating on the background of the incident.

Douglas Wigdor, whose firm Wigdor Llp represents clients who've filed complaints against Fox News, circulated his version of events. "Mr. Beckel stormed out of his office when our client, a Black It employee, came to service his computer, telling our client that he was leaving his office because he is Black," Wigdor said in a statement.

Wigdor...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - TV News »

Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel – Again

Less than five months after returning to Fox News Channel and The Five, Bob Beckel has been pink-slipped from the cable news giant once again. "Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee," said a Fnc representative Friday morning. The incident occurred on May 16, I hear, with a complaint being made by the Fnc staffer that night. After an internal investigation, the decision was made last night to cut Beckel loose. The F…
See full article at Deadline TV »

Fox News Fires Bob Beckel After Racism Accusation

Fox News has fired “The Five” co-host Bob Beckel on Friday after he was accused of making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee, TheWrap has confirmed. A source close to the situation told TheWrap that Fox News human resources was informed of an incident on Tuesday evening, did a through investigation within 48 hours, and made a determination that he had to go immediately. Beckel was co-host of “The Five” which recently moved to primetime when Bill O’Reilly was fired from the network amid a variety of sexual harassment allegations. The company has since taken drastic measures to improve the internal culture.
See full article at The Wrap »

Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel Over Racist Comment

Fox News Channel is parting ways — again — with Bob Beckel, the co-host of its primetime program, “The Five.”

Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee,” the network said in a statement.

The dismissal opens — or perhaps closes — another chapter in an off-and-on relationship Beckel has had with the 21st Century Fox-owned cable-news outlet over the years. Beckel, a longtime political consultant as well as a former campaign manager for Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale, joined Fox News in 2000, and had a years-long tenure on “The Five” when it aired in the late afternoon. Indeed, he was one of the program’s original co-hosts.

He departed in 2015 while recuperating from back surgery in a split that was seen as less an amicable. “We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold ‘The Five’ hostage to one man’s personal issues,” said
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Roger Ailes Dead: Bill O'Reilly Breaks Silence, Says 'Hatred Killed Him'

Just hours after Roger Ailes’ death was confirmed Thursday, recently ousted Fox News host Bill O’Reilly penned a tribute to his onetime boss, defending Ailes against the backlash he received in life.

“The list of legendary Americans whom Roger helped is long and impressive,” O’Reilly wrote in a USA Today op-ed. “From Ronald Reagan to George Bush, the elder, to Rush Limbaugh, Ailes gave them all blunt advice that led them to success. And it was that bluntness that made his life difficult, as enemies accumulated — some armed with a brutal hatred.”

RelatedLast Days of Roger Ailes
See full article at TVLine.com »

What Happens to Jesse Watters at Post-Bill O’Reilly Fox News Channel

What Happens to Jesse Watters at Post-Bill O’Reilly Fox News Channel
Many Fox News fans missed an important tidbit when the network dismissed Bill O’Reilly earlier this week: Jesse Watters will move into a permanent role on “The Five” when it shifts to primetime. Watters, an O’Reilly protégé, rose to fame with his popular man-on-the-street segments during “The O’Reilly Factor.” He will now join Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, and Juan Williams on “The Five” when it shifts from 5 p.m. Et to 9 p.m. Et to fill the primetime spot that suddenly opened up when O’Reilly was removed. Watters replaces Eric Bolling, who will stay at 5 p.
See full article at The Wrap »

‘The Factor’ Ratings Rise for Fox News in Wake of Bill O’Reilly Ouster

‘The Factor’ Ratings Rise for Fox News in Wake of Bill O’Reilly Ouster
Ratings for “The Factor,” formerly “The O’Reilly Factor,” were up considerably on Wednesday night in the wake of the announcement that host Bill O’Reilly has been fired by Fox News.

The Dana Perino-hosted edition of the 8 p.m. cable news show clocked in with 3.3 million viewers, with 625,000 of those falling in the key adults 25-54 demo. That is approximately a 22% increase in total viewers and approximately a 25% boost in the demo compared to Tuesday’s episode (2.7 million, 499,000). Wednesday’s ratings were good enough to beat even some broadcast shows, including a new episode of “Shots Fired” (3.2 million) on Fox.

O’Reilly was fired from the network on Wednesday as he deals with the fallout from multiple sexual harassment allegations. He has been under fire since a New York Times report surfaced stating that five women had received payments coming to about $13 million in exchange for agreeing not to pursue litigation or speak about accusations
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Bill O’Reilly Scandal Timeline: From Fox News Star to Unemployed

Bill O’Reilly Scandal Timeline: From Fox News Star to Unemployed
It took less than three weeks for top-rated anchor Bill O’Reilly to tumble from the highest echelons of Fox News to the unemployment line.

From the initial report on April 1 that O’Reilly had contributed to settlements to five women totalling $13 million over sexual harassment claims, to the Murdoch family’s announcement Wednesday that he was out at the network, the controversy that felled him unfolded in a whirlwind.

April 1

A New York Times report states that Bill O’Reilly, Fox News and parent company 21st Century Fox issued five payouts to women totaling about $13 million in exchange for them to not pursue legal action against the conservative commentator. The women, who either worked for O’Reilly or appeared on his show, accused him of “a wide range of behavior,” according to the report, including “verbal abuse, lewd comments, unwanted advances and phone calls in which it sounded as if Mr. O
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Fox News Will Replace Bill O’Reilly With Tucker Carlson

Fox News Will Replace Bill O’Reilly With Tucker Carlson
In the wake of Bill O’Reilly’s ouster, Fox News Channel issued a talking points memo of its own: Its primetime lineup will maintain a similar tone and attitude even without the person who was arguably the network’s most recognizable anchor in place.

Tucker Carlson, who has held forth in primetime at 9 p.m. and delivered solid ratings, will move to O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. slot starting Monday, April 24. Fox News will fill Carlson’s former berth with its panel show, “The Five,” which will be co-anchored by Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Juan Williams will Sean Hannity will remain at 10 p.m.

Additionally, Martha MacCallum will stay at 7 p.m. in a program that will be re-titled “The Story” starting April 28. She has been hosting a program centered on the first 100 days of President Donald Trump’s administration. Eric Bolling, a
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Bob Beckel to Return to Fox News’ ‘The Five’ After Stint in Rehab

  • The Wrap
Fox News announced Monday that Bob Beckel will return as co-host of “The Five” starting tonight. Beckel will reunite with co-hosts Eric Bolling, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino. Juan Williams, who replaced Beckel in the summer of 2015, will continue to have guest appearances on “The Five” and other Fox News programs. “I’m thrilled for the opportunity to go home again and join my television family around the table of ‘The Five’,” said Beckel in a statement. “I have no doubt it will be a vigorous yet entertaining debate.” Also Read: Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump's.
See full article at The Wrap »

Fox News Brings Bob Beckel Back To ‘The Five’ Fold

More than a year and a half after he was abruptly dumped by Fox News Channel, the prodigal political consultant has returned, with the cable newser saying today that Bob Beckel will return to The Five tonight. "Bob was missed by many fans of The Five, and we're happy to welcome him back to the show,” 21st Century Fox and Fox News executive chairman Rupert Murdoch in a low-key statement Monday. Added Beckel, the former Walter Mondale campaign manager: "I'm thrilled for the…
See full article at Deadline TV »

Bob Beckel Will Return to Fox News’ ‘The Five’

Bob Beckel Will Return to Fox News’ ‘The Five’
Bob Beckel is back on Fox News Channel after a somewhat contentious separation.

Beckel, who offered a liberal counterpoint on the network’s late-afternoon panel show “The Five,” will return Monday evening as a co-host of the 5 p.m. program, which he left in June of 2015. “Bob was missed by many fans of ‘The Five’ and we’re happy to welcome him back to the show,” said Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of Fox News Channel and its corporate parent, 21st Century Fox, in a prepared statement.

Beckel, who in the past served as a political consultant as well as a campaign manager for Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale, was one of the original co-hosts of the program. He left in 2015 while recuperating from back surgery in a split that was seen as less an amicable. “We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold The Five hostage to one man’s personal issues
See full article at Variety - TV News »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With | External Sites