- In September 2022 Christie Will Wolf was selected as one of 5 new content creators for Royal Bank of Canada's "Series Fest" Best New Series Creator at The Toronto International Film Festival [Fishing For Men]. 2019 & 2022 saw Christie win Canadian Leo Awards for Best Screenwriting, in addition to garnering Best Director Nominations in 2020 & 2022. Other accolades include: Best Canadian Female Director, Best Director, Best Film, Best Female Forward Film & Best Sci-Fi Film in 2020 & 2021 [Her Coming]. In 2019 Will Wolf was awarded the BC Directors Guild of Canada's Legacy Award. Early in her career, Christie worked as Director/ Producer Peter Berg's assistant, and later segued into producing and directing films starring Saturday Night Live comedians Chris Kattan, David Spade, Norm McDonald, The Farley Brothers, Patrick Swayze, Tim Curry and more. Her first feature film Slightly Single in L.A. [Simon Rex, Lacey Chabert, Chris Kattan Jenna Dewan and more] was one of the first acquisitions for Netflix in their early days, and her second comedy "Boy Toy" [Dawn Oliveri, Mircea Monroe, Simon Rex, Morgan Fairchild] was bought by Lionsgate. Other achievements include: Christie received the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award in 1995, and holds a MFA [University of British Columba] in addition to a BFA [Emerson College, College of Charleston].
Early Career: Christie worked as Director Peter Berg's Assistant; worked with The Yari Film Group (Bob Yari / Henry Boger) to help launch a division of lower budget independent movies, and eventually started directing and producing "Making of" companion pieces for major motion movies. She was a co-producer on the comedy "Hollywood and Wine" starring SNL alum's David Spade, Norm McDonald, Chris Kattan, Chris Parnell and John & Kevin Farley. Further. The following year she co-produced "Christmas In Wonderland" starring Patrick Swayzee, Tim Curry, and Chris Kattan. She also associate produced "Blonde and Blonder" starring Pamela Anderson, Kevin and John Farley & Byron Mann.
Shortly thereafter, Christie wrote and directed her first film 'Dysfunction' (a short film) which was received with critical acclaim and garnered several awards. Following this, she wrote and directed her first feature film "Slightly Single in L.A" (Jenna Dewan, Simon Rex, Lacey Chabert, Jonathan Bennet, Haylie Duff, Chris Kattan) which became a pioneer acquisition for Netflix receiving rave reviews within the demographic (18-32 womxn). Following the success of SSInLA, Christie was hired to write and direct a comedy called "Boy Toy" (Dawn Olivieri, Mircea Monroe, Simon Rex, Morgan Fairchild) which was acquired and released by Lionsgate. And again, Christie was then hired to write and direct another independent feature Christmas film "A Holiday Heist" (Vivica Fox, Vivian Bang, Anand Desai-Barochia).
Quickly, top tier producers in the television movie space took notice of Christie's work, and very quickly she became busy writing and directing made for television movies. Today, Christie is a sought after television movie writer, director and producer crossing genres in drama, romance, comedy, true crime and thrillers with great success. Notably, Christie wrote and directed the first ever movie both written and directed by a female for the Hallmark Channel Crown Media (Harvest Love, 2017).
Christie Will Wolf grew up in a small town in northern Canada living above a ski shop. She was orphaned as a child and later attended a boarding school in its first year of co-education, being one of thirty (30) girls in a boarding school with six hundred (600 plus) boys. Upon high school graduation, Christie received the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award from the Canadian Government - it is one of the most prestigious scholarships in the country, dedicated to honouring and advancing the humanitarian legacy of Terry Fox - one of Canada's most recognized heroes - by recognizing Canadian youth who emulate Terry's courage and determination.
Christie holds a Masters of Fine Arts in [University of British Columbia], in addition to a BFA [The College of Charleston / Emerson College]. She attended Playhouse West studying Sanford Meisner's approach to acting with Robert Carnegie for six years; was a series regular on ABC's The Evidence; and was the artistic director for Vancouver Canada's The Beaumont Black Box Theatre.
Interestingly, Christie played Division 3 basketball in University, while also alpine ski racing competitively. She was equally entrenched in film and photography during this time, while also studying acting full time. In her early years, Christie graced stages across North America as an actress and singer, before moving to Los Angeles.
Christie is an active member of Women in Film, Los Angeles CA, and takes pride in raising her two daughters.- IMDb Mini Biography By: Andy Chu
- Was the featured model in Aerosmith's (Steven Tyler/ Joe Perry) music video 'Jadded'. She also appeared in Q Magazine (model) with Steven Tyler & Joe Perry.
- Both parents died when she was a child. Her father, John Hendry Will, passed away when she was 10 years old, and her mother, Margaret Veronica Cahill (Will) died when she was 14 years old.
- Former live host and producer for Arc2 Intertainment (Canada). Producer for 'Fashion Rocks' / FMA 'Fashion Music Art' Canada.
- Best Actress - in "Silk" 2007 Calgary International Fringe Film Festival.
- Recipient of the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content