- Birth nameDwayne Douglas Johnson
- The People's Champion
- The Brahma Bull
- The Great One
- The Rock
- Height6′ 5″ (1.96 m)
- Dwayne Douglas Johnson, also known as The Rock, was born on May 2, 1972 in Hayward, California. He is the son of Ata Johnson (born Feagaimaleata Fitisemanu) and professional wrestler Rocky Johnson (born Wayde Douglas Bowles). His father, from Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada, is black (of Black Nova Scotian descent), and his mother is of Samoan background (her own father was Peter Fanene Maivia, also a professional wrestler). While growing up, Dwayne traveled around a lot with his parents and watched his father perform in the ring. During his high school years, Dwayne began playing football and he soon received a full scholarship from the University of Miami, where he had tremendous success as a football player. In 1995, Dwayne suffered a back injury which cost him a place in the NFL. He then signed a three-year deal with the Canadian League but left after a year to pursue a career in wrestling.
He made his wrestling debut in the USWA under the name Flex Kavanah where he won the tag team championship with Brett Sawyer. In 1996, Dwayne joined the WWE and became Rocky Maivia where he joined a group known as "The Nation of Domination" and turned heel. Rocky eventually took over leadership of the "Nation" and began taking the persona of The Rock. After the "Nation" split, The Rock joined another elite group of wrestlers known as the "Corporation" and began a memorable feud with Steve Austin. Soon the Rock was kicked out of the "Corporation". He turned face and became known as "The Peoples Champion". In 2000, the Rock took time off from WWE to film his appearance in The Mummy Returns (2001). He returned in 2001 during the WCW/ECW invasion where he joined a team of WWE wrestlers at The Scorpion King (2002), a prequel to The Mummy Returns (2001).
Dwayne has a daughter, Simone Alexandra Johnson, born in 2001, with his ex-wife Dany Garcia, and daughters, Jasmine, born in 2015, and Tiana Gia, born in 2018, with his wife, singer and songwriter Lauren Hashian.- IMDb Mini Biography By: Zak Hamza < firstname.lastname@example.org> / ritual < email@example.com>
- SpousesLauren Hashian(August 18, 2019 - present) (2 children)Dany Garcia(May 3, 1997 - May 19, 2008) (divorced, 1 child)
- ChildrenTiana Gia JohnsonJasmine Johnson
- RelativesPeter Fanene Maivia(Grandparent)Savelina Fanene(Cousin)Lia Maivia(Grandparent)Tanoai Reed(Cousin)
- Wrestling finisher: The People's Elbow
- As his wrestling character The Rock, often referred to himself in the third person.
- Removing elbow pad before delivering the People's Elbow
- Trademark move: Spine on the Pine (modified Spinebuster)
- Trademark move: Three open handed punches, followed by a hand spitting motion, followed by a fourth punch which typically levelled the opponent.
- Although he has lived in the United States for most of his life, he has Samoan citizenship as his mother is Samoan. He has often stated in interviews he is proud of his Samoan heritage and feels honored to be a Samoan.
- Has a fear of spiders.
- Not only was his father, Rocky Johnson, a wrestler, but his grandfather, three uncles, and six cousins (one adopted) have been in wrestling too.
- He owns the rights to name "The Rock" (including logos, phrases, etc). The rights to the name "The Rock" were previously owned by WWE, Inc. (which is the main reason why Vince McMahon has received executive producer credits in some of the Rock's films).
- Finally...The Rock...has come back to [whatever city he's in at the time]
- You will go one on one with the Great One!
- Who in the blue hell are you?
- [Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing.
- Can you smell what The Rock is cooking!
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content