- In September 2013, it was confirmed that Huisman would take over the role of Daario Naharis in the fourth season (2014) of Game of Thrones (2011). The role was previously played by actor Ed Skrein.
- Michiel is also a musician. He sings, plays the guitar and writes his own music. In 2005 he released his debut solo album in dutch; Luchtige Verhalen.
- He was a part of the Dutch band Fontane. The band consisted of Huisman, Roland van der Hoofd, Gilles Tuinder and Bas van Geldere. They made music for the Dutch films Costa! and Full Moon Party (in both of which Huisman played a starring role). The band later split up and Huisman decided to pursue music on his own.
- Huisman first met his wife, Dutch actress Tara Elders, on the set of Phileine Says Sorry in 2003. Huisman and Elders both starred in two short films directed by Dirk Tuinder, Funny Dewdrop (2007) and Winterland (2009).
- Married to actress Tara Elders, together they have a daughter, Hazel Judith was born on June 9, 2007.
- In 2013, it was confirmed that Huisman would have a recurring role on the second season of Orphan Black (2013). He is portraying the character Cal Morrison, a rugged outdoorsman who crosses paths with the clones.
- In February 2014, it was confirmed that Huisman would co-star in The Age of Adaline (2015). The film also stars Blake Lively, Harrison Ford and Ellen Burstyn, the film is scheduled to be released on April 15, 2015.
- His maternal grandfather, Jacques Simon "Jack" Bles, a Dutch Jew with roots in the Netherlands going back to the 1600s, married Michiel's maternal grandmother, Ernestine Bartfeld, a German Jew, in Haifa, Israel after World War II.
- He is a ninth cousin of American actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar, through their shared Dutch Jewish eight times great-grandparents, Samuel Speyer, who was born in Speyer, Germany; and Abigael Levie, who was born in Amsterdam.
- He is a fourth cousin, twice removed, of French actor Jean-Pierre Aumont, and a sixth cousin, twice removed, of Dutch actor Jeroen Krabbé, both through shared Dutch Jewish ancestors from Amsterdam.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content