- Ann has appeared on Broadway in "A Delicate Balance" and "Taking Sides" and received the 1993 Clarence Derwent Award for Most Promising Broadway Debut.
- Began her stage career in Chicago, where she appeared in such productions as "Kennedy's Children", "Much Ado About Nothing", "Heartbreak House" and "The Glass Menagerie". She received Joseph Jefferson Citations for Outstanding Performance in both 1983 and 1984, as well as the 1987 Joseph Jefferson Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Holds an M.F.A. from the Goodman School of Drama in Chicago, where she received the Sarah Siddons Award.
- (1983) She acted in Ara Watson's play, "A Different Moon," at the Next Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- (1984) She acted in Robert Patrick's play, "Kennedy's Children," at the Pegasus Players in Chicago, Illinois. Cast and crew also included Lori Bower, Ron Greene (scenic designer), Richard A. Bond (lighting designer), directed by George Shafer.
- (1987) She acted in Larry Kramer's play, "The Normal Heart," at the Next Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois, produced by David Dillon. Cast and crew also included Matt DeCaro, Peter Syvertson, Ross Lehman, directed by Eric Simonson.
- (October 2008) : Played Polina in "The Seagull" play by Anton Chekhov in a new version by Christopher Hampton (Walter Kerr Theater, New York City, New York, USA).