- Birth nameTerrence Alan Crews
- Height6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Terry Crews was born in Flint, Michigan, to Patricia and Terry Crews Sr. He earned an art excellence scholarship to attend Western Michigan University and also earned a full-ride athletic scholarship to play football. Crews was an All-Conference defensive end, and was a major contributor on the 1988 MAC champion WMU Broncos. His college success was rewarded in 1991, when he was drafted by the NFL's Los Angeles Rams.
Crews played six years in the NFL, with stints at the L.A. Rams, San Diego Chargers , Rhein Fire (NFL Europe-Germany), Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles. While in the NFL, used his art talent by painting a line of NFL licensed lithographs for Sierra Sun Editions.
In 1996, Crews co-wrote and co-produced the independent feature film "Young Boys Incorporated" (1996).
Crews retired from the NFL in 1997 and moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. Crews's first break came in 1999, when he auditioned for the extreme sports show called Battle Dome (1999), with other actor-athletes from around the country. Crews was chosen to be a series regular, known as the urban warrior T-Money.
In 2000, Crews made his big-screen debut in The 6th Day (2000). Since then, he has landed roles in Serving Sara (2002), Friday After Next (2002), Deliver Us from Eva (2003), Malibu's Most Wanted (2003), Starsky & Hutch (2004), Soul Plane (2004), White Chicks (2004), and the Mike Judge film, Idiocracy (2006).- IMDb Mini Biography By: Dr Dre
- SpouseRebecca Crews(July 29, 1990 - present) (5 children)
- ParentsPatricia CrewsTerry Crews Sr.
- Flexing his pectorals
- Robot dance
- Frequently plays unintelligent or immature characters
- Shaved head
- Very muscular physique
- Is an accomplished flautist.
- To support himself and his family, he painted portraits of his football teammates.
- Played with the NFL's Los Angeles Rams (1991), San Diego Chargers (1993), and Washington Redskins (1995). Also played with the Rhein Fire (World League of American Football, 1995). Was on the roster of the 1996 Philadelphia Eagles, but did not play.
- His first job was as a sketch artist for local television news stations in the 1980s. When a courtroom sketch artist called in sick, he began filling in for the previous artist.
- I love working, and I love this business. I love what I do, and I don't think I'm the guy who can do, like, a movie a year and that's it. I don't know what I'd do! I've already put stuff independently on the internet 'cause I'm bored! I just want to keep going!
- I haven't done a single rep in a long time and its not a strong-man type thing. I just work out for reps-work out to stay in shape. I've got a sweet tooth, dude.
- I'm still steady into Coldplay. With rock 'n' roll, I go backwards with Sting and The Police. I like the older stuff more so than anybody brand-new, right now. I like Justin Bieber. Hey, he's produced by Usher! I dig Justin! That's my man!
- First of all, bring your deodorant, bring your odor-blocker body wash, because there's gonna be a lot of funky men in that theater.
- A guy I knew in high school got my number from my mom, called me up and was like, I can't believe I'm talking to you. I was like, "It's me, it's Terry. I went to high school with you! What do you mean!?"
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content