Brett Climo - News Poster

News

UK, Us deals for A Place to Call Home

The first three series of Seven Productions. A Place to Call Home will screen in the UK on BBC Two.

That follows a deal announced at Mipcom whereby the period drama is screening in the Us on streaming service Acorn TV, which will be followed by DVD and syndication on public TV stations.

The BBC deal was announced today by Seven and Endemol Worldwide Distribution.

Foxtel commissioned a further two series, each of 10 episodes, of the period drama after Seven announced in June it would not proceed after series 2 because the show skews to an older demographic.

Rlj Entertainment bought North American rights and the first season has launched on Acorn TV.

Created by Bevan Lee (Packed to the Rafters, Always Greener,. Winners & Losers), the show stars Marta Dusseldorp, Noni Hazlehurst, Brett Climo, Abby Earl, Arianwen Parkes-Lockwood, Aldo Mignone, Craig Hall, Frankie J. Holden and David Berry.

Seven.s director of production Brad Lyons said,
See full article at IF.com.au »

No season 3 for A Place to Call Home

Channel 7 has officially confirmed that period drama A Place to Call Home will conclude at the end of season two.

Despite being only halfway through airing the second series, the network has confirmed the development of season three won.t be proceeding. The remaining episodes of season two will still go to air.

Set in the 1950s, A Place to Call Home follows Sarah Adams (Marta Dusseldorp) who returns to rural Nsw after 20 years abroad to start a new life. However, not all goes as smoothly as she planned.

Other actors involved in the show include Noni Hazlehurst, Brett Climo, Craig Hall, David Berry, Abby Earl, Arianwen Parkes-Lockwood, Aldo Mignone and Frankie J. Holden.

It has been speculated the reason behind the show.s axing is because the second season failed to provide the million-plus viewers of the first, though a Channel 7 spokesperson pointed out to If that, with last Sunday.s episode drawing 855,000 viewers,
See full article at IF.com.au »

Seven’s A Place To Call Home – sneak peek

A Place To Call Home

During last night’s The X Factor episode, Seven gave its audience a first look at the network’s newest local production.

The period drama, A Place To Call Home is from Bevan Lee, the creator of Seven’s other flagship drama, Packed to the Rafters.

The series, set in a manor in Australia in 1953, is described by Seven’s head of drama, Julie McGauran as “a sweeping grand production and our most ambitious yet.”

The show will go out in 2013.

The cast was announced in July and includes Noni Hazlehurst, Frankie J Holden, Marta Dusseldorp of Crownies and Brett Climo.

Bevan Lee previously described it as “above all a ripping emotional yarn about a woman fighting to find a place to call home and a wealthy family being challenged by a changing Australia. In learning to live again, Sarah brings new life and inspiration to all around her,
See full article at Encore Magazine »

Seven unveils cast for A Place to Call Home

Seven has announced its cast for A Place to Call Home, the new 1950′s drama from the maker of Packed to the Rafters.

The cast will be led by Crownies star Marta Dusseldor, with Noni Hazlehurst, Brett Climo and Frankie J. Holden.

They will be joined by newcomers David Berry, Arianwen Parkes-Lockwood, Craig Hall, Abby Earl and Aldo Mignone.

Creator Bevan Lee said: “It is above all a ripping emotional yarn about a woman fighting to find a place to call home and a wealthy family being challenged by a changing Australia. In learning to live again, Sarah brings new life and inspiration to all around her, especially the Bligh family.”

Seven’s head of drama Julie McGauran added: “A Place to Call Home is a sweeping and grand production and our most ambitious yet. Casting has been a joy. We’ve assembled the most outstanding group of actors. The
See full article at Encore Magazine »

Us network Starz to remake Underbelly

As production begins on the first Underbelly telemovie, The New York Magazine reports that American pay TV network Starz has acquired the Us rights to the crime series and is developing a remake, which is “a top priority” for them.

The blog Vulture says Starz CEO Chris Albrecht is “clearly hoping Underbelly’s phenomenal success in Australia can be replicated” in the Us, although the remake won’t use the Australian scripts and is instead researching American crime families that could have effective story arcs built around.

The report says that “assuming the right real-life inspiration can be found quickly, a script could be ready well before the end of the year. If Albrecht likes what he sees on the page, insiders say he’s prepared to eschew the usual pilot stage for Underbelly, and go straight to series.”

In Australia, the Nine Network commenced production on the first two-hour
See full article at Encore Magazine »

See also

Credited With | External Sites