- 1/1/2001: Grand Marshal, Pasadena Rose Parade.
- (1998) Author, national best-seller "The Greatest Generation", Random House (New York City).
- Nonfiction book: "The Greatest Generation Speaks", 2000.
- (2007) Book: "Boom! Voices of the Sixties", Published by Random House, New York City, NY, ISBN1-4000-6457-0.
- March/9/2008: Interviewed on Canada's CBC channel for Sunday News to talk about the Clinton/Obama electoral race.
- (June 6, 2009) Column, "Sacrifice and the Greatest Generation," Published in "The Wall Street Journal (USA)".
- November 2011) Release of his book, "The Time of Our Lives: A Conversation About America".