Christie Brinkley - News Poster

News

Emmys 2020 exclusive: ABC categories for ‘The Conners,’ ‘The Little Mermaid Live!,’ ‘Modern Family’ and more

Emmys 2020 exclusive: ABC categories for ‘The Conners,’ ‘The Little Mermaid Live!,’ ‘Modern Family’ and more
In a Gold Derby exclusive, we have learned the category placements of the key Emmy Awards contenders for ABC. For this season, the broadcast network has returning hits “Black-ish”, “The Conners”, “The Good Doctor” (Freddie Highmore), “Grey’s Anatomy” (Ellen Pompeo), “How to Get Away with Murder” (Viola Davis) and “Modern Family” (Ty Burrell). Variety programs “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “The Little Mermaid Live!” and “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” are also among their slate.

Below, the list of the network’s lead, supporting and guest submissions for their comedies, dramas and other genres. More names might be added by the company on the final Emmy ballot. Also note that performers not included on this list may well be submitted by their personal reps.

“$100,000 Pyramid”

Competition Program

Reality Host – Michael Strahan

America’S Funniest Home Videos

Structured Reality Program

Reality Host – Alfonso Ribeiro

American Housewife

Comedy Series

Comedy Supporting Actress – Meg Donnelly,
See full article at Gold Derby »

‘Dancing with the Stars’ judge Bruno Tonioli wants Meghan Markle to suit up for Season 29

‘Dancing with the Stars’ judge Bruno Tonioli wants Meghan Markle to suit up for Season 29
It’s unclear if “Dancing with the Stars” will air in the fall, but if it does, Bruno Tonioli hopes Season 29 will get a royal addition.

The judge told “Extra” that his dream contestant is “obviously” Meghan Markle. “She’d be great!” he exclaimed (watch above). “It’d make her look accessible and funny, and it’d be brilliant. Meghan, if you’re watching this, please! We’d love you to do it.”

The Duchess of Sussex does have some experience with unscripted TV: She got her started as a suitcase model on “Deal or No Deal.” But doing “Dancing” may be a bridge too far and too much of a commitment from the “Suits” alum, who has relocated to Los Angeles after she and Prince Harry announced they were stepping back as senior members of the royal family in January. Markle has since narrated the Disney+ nature documentary “Elephant,
See full article at Gold Derby »

Sailor Brinkley Cook Speaks Out Against ''Tone Deaf'' Interview With Gma

Sailor Brinkley Cook Speaks Out Against ''Tone Deaf'' Interview With Gma
Sailor Brinkley Cook believes Good Morning America unfairly edited the interview she gave about her struggles with body dysmorphia.  On Friday, the 21-year-old model and daughter of Christie Brinkley spoke to ABC News correspondent Deborah Roberts about her private battle with eating disorder tendencies, a topic she first came forward with last week on Instagram. But according to Sailor, Gma omitted "95 percent" of what she said during the virtual sit-down, calling the segment that aired "extremely tone deaf."  "I'm a little upset about the Gma piece that aired this morning," Sailor shared in a lengthy statement posted to her Instagram Stories. "I have...
See full article at E! Online »

Sailor Brinkley Cook Reminds Fans to "Appreciate Yourself" in Candid Post on Body Dysmorphia

Sailor Brinkley Cook Reminds Fans to
Sailor Brinkley Cook wants you to love yourself! At 21 years old, Christie Brinkley's daughter may have a picture-perfect life on social media. But in a new Instagram post, the model is getting real about perfection online and how it's simply unrealistic. "I'm so f--king sick and tired of the Photoshop. I've been so down on myself recently. Crying about my cellulite, letting the fat on my body ruin my day, getting mad that I'm not as skinny as I once was," she shared. "The body dysmorphia and left over eating disorder tendencies have been coming in strong." Sailor continued, "As I come into myself as a young woman my body shifts and changes by the month, the...
See full article at E! Online »

ABC Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Press Your Luck, and More!

ABC Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Press Your Luck, and More!
ABC is looking to remain the network to beat this summer. 

After earning the title of summer's No. 1 network for the first time in 24 years in 2019, ABC will once again kick off Summer Fun & Games with the premieres of returning series Holey Moley II: The Sequel, To Tell the Truth, Celebrity Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and Match Game.

The network also announced the premiere date for the farewell season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a new series from ABC News, The Genetic Detective.

S.H.I.E.L.D. returns for its seventh and final season on Wednesday, May 27 (10:00 - 11:00 p.m. Edt).

Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are thrust backward in time and stranded in 1931 New York City.

With the all-new Zephyr set to time-jump at any moment, the team must hurry to find out exactly what happened.

If they fail, it would mean disaster for the past, present and future of the world.
See full article at TVfanatic »

Press Your Luck, Match Game and Other ABC 'Fun & Games' Get Return Dates

Press Your Luck, Match Game and Other ABC 'Fun & Games' Get Return Dates
ABC’s “Summer Fun & Games” will commence shortly before Memorial Day.

The network has announced that Holey Moley (now dubbed Holey Moley II: The Sequel) and To Tell the Truth will kick off their second and fifth seasons, respectively, on Thursday, May 21. They’ll be preceded by new episodes of the Jimmy Kimmel-hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? revival, which will relocate to the Thursday lead-off spot on April 30.

More from TVLineMarvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Final Season Premiere DateABC to Honor Garry Marshall With Primetime Special — Watch PromoDisney Family Singalong: Derek Hough and Partner Make a Meal
See full article at TVLine.com »

Sailor Brinkley-Cook Claps Back Against Criticism for Wearing a N95 Mask in Public

Sailor Brinkley-Cook Claps Back Against Criticism for Wearing a N95 Mask in Public
Sailor Brinkley-Cook has a message for those offended by her decision to wear a protective face mask while out in public.  The model and 21-year-old daughter of Christie Brinkley was recently photographed picking up groceries in a N95 mask, a respiratory protective device that hospitals across the nation are experiencing shortages of due to the coronavirus pandemic. After receiving what she described as "hateful messages," Sailor offered an explanation on Instagram.  "My mom is an artist and does projects that require her to wear a mask so she had a stash of them in her art studio. We didn't buy them upon hearing about the spread of Covid-19. She kept one mask for each one of our family...
See full article at E! Online »

Christie Brinkley needs more treatment for her ‘Dancing with the Stars’ injury: ‘It’s still healing, but not fast enough’

Christie Brinkley needs more treatment for her ‘Dancing with the Stars’ injury: ‘It’s still healing, but not fast enough’
It’s a good thing there’s no spring season of “Dancing with the Stars” again because if the producers indeed want to give Christie Brinkley another shot, she might not actually be ready to go yet.

The supermodel, who dropped out of Season 28 after breaking her arm days before the premiere in the fall, reveals that her injury has not fully healed and she’ll undergo another procedure on Friday. “I’m going to get Prp and some sort of manipulation to my shoulder, my wrist and my thumb,” Brinkley told “People Now” on Wednesday. “It’s still healing, but not fast enough. I mean, it’s been four months.”

Prp is platelet-rich plasma therapy, a treatment commonly used by athletes to accelerate healing with injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets.

See ‘Dancing with the Stars’ is eyeing these celebs for Season 29 — and be warned,
See full article at Gold Derby »

‘Dancing with the Stars’ is eyeing these celebs for Season 29 — and be warned, political figures are not ruled out

‘Dancing with the Stars’ is eyeing these celebs for Season 29 — and be warned, political figures are not ruled out
Dancing with the Stars” won’t return for another nine months, but you can bet the show is already looking at celebrities to lock down for Season 29, including, potentially, another political lightning rod (sigh) and the one that got away this year, Charlie Sheen.

The actor revealed in September that he turned down a spot on Season 28 because he didn’t think he could dance, but Rob Mills, ABC Entertainment’s senior VP of alternative series, specials and late-night programming, isn’t giving up that easily.

“I don’t think it’s a huge secret because he came out and talked about it, but I would still love Charlie Sheen to come on,” Mills told our sister site “Variety.” “I found him to be one of the nicest, most charming people. He is just a born entertainer and I think people would love to see him, but it may not be for him.
See full article at Gold Derby »

Charlie Sheen, Christie Brinkley, NFL’s Ryan Shazier on ‘DWTS’ Season 29 Wish List

  • Variety
Charlie Sheen, Christie Brinkley, NFL’s Ryan Shazier on ‘DWTS’ Season 29 Wish List
The next season of “Dancing With the Stars” won’t premiere until fall 2020, but ABC is already having preliminary conversations about which celebrities they’d like to recruit for Season 29 — and Charlie Sheen is at the top of the list, Variety has learned exclusively.

Sheen recently revealed that he had been given a firm offer to join the last season of “Dancing With the Stars,” but he turned down ABC’s request to participate in Season 28 because he was too afraid to dance. But Variety has learned that ABC still very much has an eye on Sheen for Season 29.

“We’ve met with Charlie Sheen,” said Rob Mills, ABC Entertainment’s senior VP of alternative series, specials and late-night programming, confirms to Variety. “I don’t think it’s a huge secret because he came out and talked about it, but I would still love Charlie Sheen to come on.
See full article at Variety »

Celebrities Raise $6 million for Charities at Icap's 27th Annual Charity Day

Icap, part of Tp Icap group, the world’s largest interdealer broker, is pleased to announce that it raised $6 million on its 27th annual global Charity Day.

Bradley Cooper at Icap's 2019 Charity Day

A host of celebrities, including Oscar-nominated actor, Bradley Cooper, sports stars Alex Rodriguez and Adam Graves, alongside model Lily Aldridge and actor David Costabile, attended Icap Charity Day in New York on Tuesday to raise money for many charitable causes.

Alex Rodriguez at Icap 2019 Charity Day

The event took place across Icap’s 27 global offices, with 100% of Icap’s revenues and brokers’ commissions donated directly to charitable causes.

Christie Brinkley at Icap 2019 Charity Day

Nicolas Breteau, Group Chief Executive Officer, Tp Icap, said: “I am delighted that this year’s Icap Charity Day raised $6 million, bringing the total amount raised to approximately $190 million since the first Charity Day in 1993. The fantastic amount raised by our 27th annual
See full article at Look to the Stars »

‘Dancing With The Stars’ Crowns Season 28 Champion

  • Deadline
‘Dancing With The Stars’ Crowns Season 28 Champion
Spoiler Alert: This story contains details on tonight’s season finale of Dancing With the Stars.

The competition is over and Dancing With the Stars has a new champ.

The latest winner of the ABC dance competition was announced Monday night during the season 28 finale.

After 11 weeks of competition, the finalists included Bachelorette star Hannah Brown; country music singer Lauren Alaina; actor and Nickelodeon star Kel Mitchell; and Fifth Harmony singer Ally Brooke.

[The four finalists are shown above]

Before the winner was announced, the audience was treated to appearances by music stars Ne-Yo, Pitbull and Cher.

Once it was time for the most anticipated moment of the season, Brown and partner Alan Bersten waltzed away with the Mirrorball trophy.

#TeamAlanbamaHannah are our Champs! Roll tide, baby. ❤️
See full article at Deadline »

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 28 Winner Revealed (Spoilers)

  • Variety
‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 28 Winner Revealed (Spoilers)
Spoiler Alert: Do not read ahead if you have not watched the Season 28 finale of “Dancing With The Stars” on ABC. The winner is revealed in this post.

Another season, another mirror ball trophy.

The winner of the 28th season of “Dancing with the Stars” was revealed Monday night during ABC’s finale of the celebrity dance competition show.

The Bachelorette” star Hannah Brown waltzed away as the winner, spinning off the dance floor with her partner Alan Bersten and the mirror ball trophy.

Before Brown was declared the winner, the other final couples heading into the finale were country music singer Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko; actor and Nickelodeon star Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson; and Fifth Harmony pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber.

Alaina and Savchenko ended up in fourth place, Brooke and Farber in third place and Mitchell and Carson in second place.

The finale episode
See full article at Variety »

Dancing With the Stars Poll: Who Will Win Season 28? And Who Should Win?

Dancing With the Stars Poll: Who Will Win Season 28? And Who Should Win?
Dancing With the Stars‘ latest season can be described as puzzling, frustrating and, in some cases, downright wrong. But we’ll give it this: Season 28 has never been predictable.

From Christie Brinkley’s last-minute departure to Sean Spicer’s shockingly consistent safety, this Dancing cycle has had its fair share of plot twists. That includes the semifinals elimination of actor James Van Der Beek, who was cut the same week that he performed an emotional foxtrot mourning his wife’s recent miscarriage.

More from TVLineDancing With the Stars Recap: Are the Right Couples Headed to the Finale?Dancing With the Stars
See full article at TVLine.com »

Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Engagement: 'He Didn't Want to Get Married Again'

Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Engagement: 'He Didn't Want to Get Married Again'
Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp have called it quits one year after announcing their plans to wed, People confirms.

Rumors swirled about the pair when the When Harry Met Sally actress, 57, was seen without her engagement ring from the rocker, 68, while recently attending the Governors Awards. She was spotted the next morning without the ring while running errands in Los Angeles.

“He didn’t want to get married again,” a source tells People. (Mellencamp has been married three times before.)

“He loves her, but marriage never seemed to be a part of it,” the source continues. “It’s unclear how
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Is Engaged to 21-Year-Old Girlfriend

Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Is Engaged to 21-Year-Old Girlfriend
Peter Cook is ready to say "I Do" to a special someone. The famous ex of Christie Brinkley is engaged to 21-year-old college student Alba Jancou, according to Page Six. "We consider ourselves incredibly lucky to have found, in each other, our soulmate," the 60-year-old architect shared with the publication. "We are looking forward to many years of wedded bliss!" So how did the romantic proposal happen? According to the outlet, the special moment happened in September near Santorini, Greece in front of a church. Alba received a six-carat diamond ring by jewelry designer Glenn Bradford. And now, it's time to plan a wedding! While the couple tries to keep their...
See full article at E! Online »

Christie Brinkley Says Her Feelings About Sailor’s ‘DWTS’ Elimination Are ‘Left Best Unspoken’

  • ET Canada
Christie Brinkley is opening up about daughter Sailor Brinkley-Cook‘s shocking elimination from “Dancing With the Stars”. Et exclusively caught up with the model in Italy on Monday, where she revealed just how heartbroken she was last week when Sailor and pro partner Valentin Chmerkovskiy were the couple sent home from the dance competition show. “So, what was going through my mind when Sailor
See full article at ET Canada »

‘Dancing with the Stars’: The jump-the-shark moment we’re dreading – ‘It would be a cancellable offense’ [Watch]

‘Dancing with the Stars’: The jump-the-shark moment we’re dreading – ‘It would be a cancellable offense’ [Watch]
Bobby Bones wasn’t a great dancer, and he was an odd choice to win “Dancing with the Stars,” but Sean Spicer claiming the Mirror Ball Trophy in season 28 would be a “jump-the-shark moment,” according to Gold Derby editor Daniel Montgomery. Joyce Eng goes as far as saying it would be a “cancellable offense.” But they have to contemplate that result now that Sailor Brinkley-Cook was eliminated and Spicer was once again safe despite drastically lower scores. Watch Montgomery and Eng discuss the latest episode with contributors Jeffrey Kare and Cordell Martin above.

The judges get to decide which of the bottom two celebs gets to stay and which has to go, but Spicer has yet to land in the bottom two despite always being one of the lowest-scoring dancers, “which means, once again, we have another season where the judges scores are basically irrelevant,” Montgomery argues. “DWTS” tweaked its
See full article at Gold Derby »

Cheryl Burke agrees with the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ judges’ decision to cut Sailor Brinkley-Cook

Cheryl Burke agrees with the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ judges’ decision to cut Sailor Brinkley-Cook
Cheryl Burke was just as shocked as you were at Ally Brooke and Sailor Brinkley-Cook being in the bottom two on “Dancing with the Stars,” but she believes the judges made the right call to send Brinkley-Cook home.

“It was a shocker. I didn’t really expect them to be,” Burke wrote in her “Us Weekly” blog. “I think Carrie Ann Inaba or Bruno Tonioli said something like, ‘We have to see the overall competition and what you’ve performed the last few weeks’ and I agree with their decision.”

While Brinkley-Cook was in a three-way tie atop the leaderboard on Monday, Brooke has been more consistent throughout the season. Still, that doesn’t mean it was easy watching the 21-year-old model get the boot. “I think of Sailor as a little girl and to see her cry like that broke my heart. I think Val [Chmerkovskiy] has done a really good job,
See full article at Gold Derby »

Sailor Brinkley-Cook had a gut feeling she’d be eliminated on ‘Dancing with the Stars’: ‘I was like, ‘It’s me”

Sailor Brinkley-Cook was the first shocking elimination of the season on “Dancing with the Stars,” getting the boot on Monday after tying for the highest score of the night. But she knew it was coming.

“I mean, the second that it got to Hannah [Brown], Ally [Brooke] and me, I was like, ‘It’s me,'” Brinkley-Cook told “Entertainment Tonight” (watch below). “I look at everyone in this competition and every single week I say to Val [Chmerkovskiy], ‘I can’t see anyone going home, so it’s going to be me.’ But this one I was extremely shocked, honestly.

“We got our first 9s — our last 9s,” she quipped.

Brinkley-Cook and Chmerkovskiy were one of three couples to score a 27 that night, but they wound up in the bottom two alongside Brooke and Sasha Farber, who received a 25 and had topped the leaderboard last week. The judges opted to save Brooke and
See full article at Gold Derby »
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With |  External Sites


Recently Viewed