- Birth nameMary Kathleen Turner
- Height5′ 7¾″ (1.72 m)
- Kathleen Turner was born June 19, 1954 in Springfield, Missouri, to Patsy (Magee) and Allen Richard Turner, a U.S. Foreign Service officer. She graduated from American School in London in 1972. After the death of her father, the Turner family moved back to the United States where Kathleen later enrolled at Missouri State University for two years, and earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) in 1977. Kathleen made her film debut in Body Heat (1981), her role as the relentless Matty Waker brought her astronomical success, and is remembered as one of the sexiest roles in film history. After her initial success, Kathleen continued to flourish with performances in The Man with Two Brains (1983), Romancing the Stone (1984), The Jewel of the Nile (1985), Prizzi's Honor (1985), Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), The War of the Roses (1989), and Serial Mom (1994).- IMDb Mini Biography By: email@example.com
- SpouseJay Weiss(August 4, 1984 - December 2007) (divorced, 1 child)
- ParentsPatsy MageeAllen Richard Turner
- Seductive husky voice
- Spoke the voice (uncredited) of sexy Jessica Rabbit in the toon-noir Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).
- Was 9 months pregnant with her daughter Rachel Ann Weiss when she completed recording Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988); she actually went into labor on the final day of recording.
- In the early 1990s, as Rheumatoid Arthritis began impacting her acting career and her personal life in a significant way, she also began to see a decline in the number of acting roles she was being offered. When the diagnosis was finally made in 1992, she had already been suffering with "unbearable" pain for over one year. By that time, she could not easily turn her head, and was already having difficulty walking, and her doctors told her that she was most likely going to be needing a wheelchair to remain mobile. By the mid to late 1990s, the progression of the illness and the medications (steroids, among others) to treat the illness quickly began to change her appearance. All of this caused her once vibrant acting career to slow considerably. Due to newly available drugs and other treatments, her Rheumatoid Arthritis has been in remission since 2006.
- Has played Chandler Bing's (Matthew Perry) cross-dressing father Charles Bing in three episodes of Friends (1994) in 2001. To this day, Matthew Perry still calls her "Dad".
- She performed some of her own stunts in Romancing the Stone (1984), Undercover Blues (1993) and V.I. Warshawski (1991). Her nose was broken while filming V.I. Warshawski (1991).
- A woman my age is not supposed to be attractive or sexually appealing. I just get kinda tired of that.
- I feel I get recognized for my voice more than for my face.
- I know there are nights when I have that power, when I could put on something and walk in somewhere, and if there's a man there who doesn't look at me, it's because he's gay.
- I learned years ago, I adore acting and I think it's the most alive I know how to be -- almost -- but I really want a good life. I've been married for 17 years -- I know, they call us the last couple. I have a 13-year-old daughter. I have a lovely home life with good friends who aren't in the business... and I have no desire to cost my whole life in pursuit of the career alone.
- When I was 20, I had so many more insecurities and looked for approbation from everyone. But by the time I was 40 and now at 50, you wake up and think, "Fuck you, I don't have to prove myself anymore", and that makes you sexy.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content