- Birth nameKirsten Caroline Dunst
- Height5′ 5½″ (1.66 m)
- Kirsten Caroline Dunst is an American actress, who also holds German citizenship. She was born on April 30, 1982 in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, to parents Inez (née Rupprecht), who owned an art gallery, and Klaus Dunst, a medical services executive. She has a younger brother named Christian Dunst, born in 1987. Her father is German, from Hamburg, and her mother, who is American, is of German and Swedish descent.
Her career began at the age of 3 when she started modeling and appearing in commercials. She made her feature film debut with an uncredited role at age 6 in the 'Oedipus Wrecks' segment of Woody Allen's 1989 film New York Stories (1989). She received her first film credit in The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990). Her family moved to Los Angeles in 1993, where her film career took off.
In 1994, she made her breakthrough performance in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), alongside such stars as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. Her performance earned her a Golden Globe nomination, the MTV Award for Best Breakthrough Performance and the Saturn Award for Best Young Actress. In 1995, she was named one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. Over the next few years, she made a string of hit movies including Little Women (1994), Jumanji (1995) and Small Soldiers (1998).
In 2000, she received rave reviews for her role as "Lux Lisbon" in Sofia Coppola's independent film, The Virgin Suicides (1999) and proved her status as a leading actress in the comedy hit, Bring It On (2000). She also graduated from Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles in June of that year.
In 2002, she landed one of her best known roles as Peter Parker's love interest, Mary Jane Watson, in Spider-Man (2002). She continued her role in Spider-Man 2 (2004) and Spider-Man 3 (2007).
She went on to land roles in such films as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), the romantic comedy Wimbledon (2004), and in Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown (2005). She also played the title character in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette (2006).
Dunst won the Best Actress Award at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival for her performance as Justine in Lars von Trier's Melancholia (2011). In 2012, she appeared in Walter Salles' film adaptation of On the Road (2012) and the independent comedy Bachelorette (2012). She also has several films in production, including The Two Faces of January (2014).
Her charity work includes designing a necklace to raise funds for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation as well as supporting various cancer charities.- IMDb Mini Biography By: TrendEkiD@aol.com
- SpouseJesse Plemons(July 2, 2022 - present) (2 children)
- ChildrenEnnis Howard Plemons
- ParentsInez Dunst (Rupprecht)Klaus Hermann Dunst
- RelativesChristian Dunst(Sibling)
- Ever since her role in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), leading man Tom Cruise has sent her a coconut cake every year at Christmas which has become known as "The Cruise Cake" in the Dunst household.
- Kirsten's father is German. Kirsten's mother, who is American-born, is of half German and half Swedish ancestry. Kirsten can speak German fluently.
- Became a naturalized German citizen.
- Never auditioned for Melancholia (2011). Instead, she met with Lars von Trier through Skype and they had a long discussion about movies and Charlotte Rampling's performance in The Night Porter (1974). At the end of their conversation, Trier asked her if she wanted the role.
- Opened up about her stint at the Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in Utah, saying that she sought help for depression, not for drug or alcohol abuse.
- I'd like to grow up and be beautiful. I know it doesn't matter, but it doesn't hurt.
- Boys frustrate me. I hate all their indirect messages, I hate game playing. Do you like me or don't you? Just tell me so I can get over you.
- Why would I cry over a boy? I would never waste my tears on a boy. Why waste your tears on someone who makes you cry?
- [on turning down the role of Angela in American Beauty (1999)] When I read it, I was 15 and I don't think I was mature enough to understand the script's material. I didn't want to be kissing Kevin Spacey. Come on! Lying there naked with rose petals?
- [on what her luxury item would be on survivor] My cat, because he's fun to play with, he'd entertain me, and I could eat him if I was really hungry.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content