Mira Sorvino - News Poster

News

Has Mira Sorvino Gotten any New Roles Since the Apology?

Mira Sorvino made the news in a very public scandal involving Harvey Weinstein, the once powerful film producer who had black listed her. It took courage to stand up against the mogul but Sorvino had had enough. After the story broke, there was speculation about whether the black-listed actress would be able to find work in the television or film again. We checked up on her to find out how things were going in the job hunt and this is what we found. New offer Sorvino was successful in scoring a new role after the so called “apology” on the

Has Mira Sorvino Gotten any New Roles Since the Apology?
See full article at TVovermind.com »

Dave Annable Gets "Vulnerable" After Being Fired From CBS' The Code

Dave Annable Gets
There's no business like show business. Dave Annable was thrilled after being cast in the CBS pilot The Code, co-starring Raffi Barsoumian, Ato Essandoh, Phillipa Soo, Mira Sorvino and Anna Wood. Unfortunately, Annable learned the midseason military drama had been picked up to series—without him. Annable was set to play Capt. John "Sid" Sidney, an ambitious prosecutor and active-duty Marine. Sorvino was set to play Col. Eisa Turnbull, a high-ranking officer with children serving overseas. Like Annable, she was let go when the show was picked up; both roles will be recast. Annable shared the upsetting news on Instagram May 12, posting a screenshot from Deadline. "You may be wondering why...
See full article at E! Online »

Asia Argento Says Spike Lee Was the Only One Who ‘Spoke Kind Words’ to Her After Her Fiery Cannes Speech

Asia Argento Says Spike Lee Was the Only One Who ‘Spoke Kind Words’ to Her After Her Fiery Cannes Speech
Reactions to Asia Argento’s speech at the Cannes Film Festival’s awards ceremony have been positive, but the actress — who used her time onstage to say that she was raped by Harvey Weinstein at the festival in 1997 and that Cannes was “his hunting ground” — says that the response was more muted in person. With one exception, that is: Spike Lee, whom Argento cites as the only person who “congratulated” and “spoke kind words” to her afterward.

“I am definitely feeling it more from you all here than I did last night,” she tweeted to Mia Farrow, who wrote that she hopes Argento and Mira Sorvino “both feel So Many of us, standing with you.” Argento continued, “After my speech, the only person who came up to me, congratulated and spoke kind words to me was Spike Lee.”

“In 1997, I was raped by Harvey Weinstein here at Cannes,” Argento said on Saturday night.
See full article at Indiewire »

FBI: Connie Nielsen Exits CBS Drama

CBSFBI will have to recruit a new cast member: Connie Nielsen is exiting the new fall drama after co-starring in the original pilot, according to our sister site Deadline.

The Boss and The Following veteran was cast back in March to play the role of Ellen, the FBI Special Agent in Charge who serves as boss to the New York field office of the federal law-enforcement bureau. The role of Ellen will be recast. Nielsen can be glimpsed in the trailer for the Dick Wolf-produced drama, which debuted earlier today during CBS’ upfront presentation:

CBS is tinkering with a
See full article at TVLine.com »

Emmys 2018 exclusive: 20th Century Fox Television categories for ‘This Is Us,’ ‘Modern Family,’ ‘The Orville,’ ‘The Simpsons’ and more

In a Gold Derby exclusive, we have learned the category placements of the key Emmy Awards contenders for 20th Century Fox Television. For this season, the studio has returning winners “This Is Us” (Sterling K. Brown) and “Modern Family” (Ty Burrell), newcomers “La to Vegas” (Dylan McDermott) and “The Orville” (Seth MacFarlane) and limited series “Genius: Picasso” (Antonio Banderas) as part of their 2018 campaign.

Below, the list of Fox lead, supporting and guest submissions for their comedies, dramas, animated programs and limited series. More names might be added by the network on the final Emmy ballot. Also note that performers not included on this list may well be submitted by their personal reps.

See‘This Is Us’: All five Pearsons will make the Emmy cut, readers declare

“American Dad”

Animated Program

Voice-Over Performer – Patrick Stewart

“Bob’S Burgers”

Animated Program

Voice-Over Performer – H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman,
See full article at Gold Derby »

No, Mira Sorvino Hasn't Read Vogue's Georgina Chapman Profile

  • Popsugar
No, Mira Sorvino Hasn't Read Vogue's Georgina Chapman Profile
It's been six months since Oscar-nominated actor Mira Sorvino came forward with her own story about producer and accused serial sexual abuser Harvey Weinstein. At a gala for the Coalition to Abolish Sex Trafficking in La on Thursday night, she reflected on speaking out, the change she and other women have sparked, and the justice that has yet to be served.

"It was a very tumultuous Fall for all of us who decided to speak out, and we had no idea where it was going to go," Mira told Popsugar on the red carpet. "And it's blossomed into something that's really powerful, and really beautiful, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I'm proud to be part of a cultural sea of change that I think has the possibility of reducing the sexual misconduct, violence, and rape that has plagued the human species since time began. Because now,
See full article at Popsugar »

Cannes: Sexual Harassment Hotline Is Too Little, Too Late (Guest Column)

Cannes: Sexual Harassment Hotline Is Too Little, Too Late (Guest Column)
Cannes is often touted as the world’s most prestigious film festival, a spectacle of the industry at work and play, bringing together both the scions of industry and those desperate to see their first light: the young, the aspiring, the vulnerable. This potent mix has led to a legendary party scene, where countless young women have left irrevocably changed for the worse. Many of the Harvey Weinstein accusers claim their attacks happened at film festivals. Asia Argento at Cannes, Rose McGowan at Sundance, Mira Sorvino at Toronto.

I know what it is like to be a bright-eyed and hopeful 22-year-old in a foreign city trying to “make it.” I had first-hand...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Cannes Sexual Harassment Hotline Is Too Little Too Late (Guest Column)

Cannes Sexual Harassment Hotline Is Too Little Too Late (Guest Column)
Cannes is often touted as the world’s most prestigious film festival, a spectacle of the industry at work and play, bringing together both the scions of industry and the young, the aspiring and the vulnerable. This potent mix has led to a legendary party scene, where countless young women have left irrevocably changed for the worse. Many of Harvey Weinstein accusers claim their attacks happened at film festivals. Asia Argento at Cannes, Rose McGowan at Sundance, Mira Sorvino at Toronto.

James Toback, who assaulted me when I was a 23-year-old newcomer to New York in 2003, was a regular in...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Scorpion Canceled at CBS!

Scorpion is over at CBS

The network has pulled the plug on the procedural drama after four seasons. 

It focused on a group of geniuses who are seen as the last line of defense around the world, and put their extensive skills to the test as they try to keep the world safe. 

If you watched Scorpion online, you will know that the team found themselves in a variety of situations that took them across the globe. 

It starred Elyes Gabel, Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Jadyn Wong, Ari Stidham, Robert Patrick, and Riley B. Smith

Related: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Saved!

If you keep up to speed with the ratings, you will know that Scorpion Season 4 continued to bleed in both viewers and in the all-important 18-49 demographic. 

Season 4 averaged 5.3 million viewers and a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49. It ranked 22nd out of 27 scripted series on CBS. 

Still, the show remained
See full article at TVfanatic »

CBS to Recast Mira Sorvino, Dave Annable After Picking Up ‘The Code’ to Series

Despite getting a series order, CBS’ “The Code” will have to re-cast two of its main roles as the drama will move forward without Mira Sorvino and Dave Annable.

Annable was to play the male lead, while Sorvino was set as a series regular. CBS has not begun re-casting for the two roles, TheWrap is told.

A person with knowledge of the project told TheWrap that the two were simply not a good fit for the show as it emerged.

Also Read: CBS Orders 5 Pilots to Series, Including 'Magnum Pi' Remake and Ava DuVernay's 'The Red Line'

The Code” was looking like a comeback for Sorvino and the Oscar-winning actress’ first big gig since she publicly accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct and said she was blackballed as a result of rejecting the disgraced mogul’s sexual advances.

A guest star on shows like “Modern Family,” Sorvino had previously expressed hope about returning to the small screen on a more regular basis.

Also Read: Tim Allen's 'Last Man Standing' Revived by Fox One Year After ABC Cancellation

From CBS Television Studios, “The Code” follows a group of Marines who are also trained attorneys – prosecutors, defense lawyers and investigators. “The Code” will be helmed by Craig Sweeny and Craig Turk, and directed by Marc Webb.

The series (currently) stars Anna Wood, Ato Essandoh, Phillipa Soo and Raffi Barsoumian.

Tony Maglio contributed to this report.

Read original story CBS to Recast Mira Sorvino, Dave Annable After Picking Up ‘The Code’ to Series At TheWrap
See full article at The Wrap »

Magnum, P.I. Reboot, God Friended Me Among CBS' Four New Drama Orders

Familiar names and faces are among CBS’ four new drama orders for the 2018-19 TV season.

The Eye network on Friday afternoon gave series orders to its Magnum, P.I. reboot, filmmaker Ava Duvernay’s The Red Line, God Friended Me (which is exactly as it says) and the multi-pronged legal drama The Code.

From Hawaii Five-0/MacGyver rebirther Peter M. Lenkov comes the new Magnum, P.I., which stars Jay Hernandez (Suicide Squad) and promises “an update of the classic television series” as it follows Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy Seal who, upon returning home to Hawaii from Afghanistan,
See full article at TVLine.com »

‘The Code’ Drama Picked Up To Series By CBS With 2 Major Roles Getting Recast

CBS has handed a series order to The Code, one of five new dramas the network has picked up for next season, along with F.B.I., Magnum P.I., God Friended Me and The Red Line. The Code, penned by Limitless creator Craig Sweeny from a story by him and Craig Turk and directed by Marc Webb, will undergo major recasting. Exiting are Dave Annable, who played the male lead in the pilot, and Mira Sorvino, who played a major co-starring role. Staying on are female lead Anna Wood
See full article at Deadline TV »

CBS Orders Four Dramas Including ‘Magnum Pi,’ Plus Comedy ‘Fam’ Starring Nina Dobrev

CBS Orders Four Dramas Including ‘Magnum Pi,’ Plus Comedy ‘Fam’ Starring Nina Dobrev
CBS has given out five new series orders for the 2018-2019 season.

The network has ordered four more one-hour dramas: “God Friended Me,” the reboot of “Magnum P.I.,” “The Code,” and “The Red Line.”

“Magnum P.I.” will see Jay Hernandez take over the role originally played by Tom Selleck. The series follows Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy Seal who, upon returning home to Hawaii from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. The series will also star Perdita Weeks, Zachary Knighton, Stephen Hill.

Peter Lenkov, the writer and producer behind current CBS reboots of “Hawaii Five-o” and “MacGyver,
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Mira Sorvino and Dave Annable Exit CBS' 'The Code' After Pilot

Mira Sorvino and Dave Annable won't be back with new weekly TV gigs after all. The actors had been eying a broadcast comeback vehicle with CBS pilot The Code — but military drama, ordered to series on Friday, will now move forward without the pair of leads.

Producers at CBS Television Studios will now have to recast the top two on the call sheet of military from from Craig Sweeny and Craig Turk.

The series follows Marines who also work as attorneys — each trained as prosecutors, defense lawyers and investigators. In the pilot, Sorvino played the role of Col....
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - TV News »

‘Condor’ Trailer: Max Irons Must Stop Brendan Fraser From Unleashing a Plague on Humanity — Watch

‘Condor’ Trailer: Max Irons Must Stop Brendan Fraser From Unleashing a Plague on Humanity — Watch
Max Irons will soon follow in the formidable onscreen footsteps of Robert Redford. The forthcoming Audience Network series “Condor” casts the second-generation English actor (dad is Jeremy Irons) as avian-nicknamed CIA analyst Joe Turner, the role Redford originated in Sydney Pollack’s 1975 film, the Oscar-nominated “Three Days of the Condor.” Entertainment Weekly debuted the first trailer today, along with production photos.

The TV version adapted material from both the feature and its inspiration, James Grady’s novel “Six Days of the Condor.” Unlike its predecessors, this 10-episode telling is set in Washington, D.C. instead of New York City. Available to DirectTV subscribers, Audience Network is perhaps best known for another show based on a book, “Mr. Mercedes,” overseen by showrunner David E. Kelley.

In the trailer’s opening beats, praying Muslims are unaware that the world is at risk for a weaponized plague outbreak. Its engineer, Nathan Fowler (Brendan Fraser
See full article at Indiewire »

Natalie Morales, Mira Sorvino & Steve Howey Cast In ‘Stuber’ Comedy From Fox

Exclusive: Natalie Morales, Mira Sorvino and Steve Howey are the latest to board the Dave Bautista-Kumail Nanjiani buddy comedy Stuber, from 20th Century Fox and director Michael Dowse. Written by Tripper Clancy, the plot centers on a mild-mannered Uber driver (Nanjiani) who picks up a grizzled cop (Bautista) on the trail of a brutal killer and he’s thrust into a harrowing ordeal. Producers are Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, with Jake Wagner and Nick Thomas…
See full article at Deadline Movie News »

Weinstein Threatened to Take ‘Lord of the Rings’ Away From Peter Jackson and Have Quentin Tarantino Direct

Weinstein Threatened to Take ‘Lord of the Rings’ Away From Peter Jackson and Have Quentin Tarantino Direct
Before Peter Jackson teamed up with New Line Cinema on his massive “The Lord of the Rings” movie trilogy, he first started developing his J.R.R. Tolkien adaptation at Miramax under the supervision of Harvey Weinstein. But trying to make an expensive fantasy epic with Weinstein proved impossible for Jackson, as is clear in British film writer Ian Nathan’s new book, “Anything You Can Imagine: Peter Jackson & The Making of Middle-Earth.”

According to Nathan’s book (via The Guardian), Weinstein believed Jackson was wasting $12 million by developing “The Lord of the Rings” as a franchise made up of multiple movies. Jackson was planning to make two “Lord of the Rings” films with Miramax. Weinstein reportedly threatened to replace Jackson with his longtime collaborator Quentin Tarantino if Jackson did not agree to make a single two-hour adaptation of the text. Weinstein was also eyeing “Shakespeare in Love” director John Madden.

“Harvey was like,
See full article at Indiewire »

Europe's Bitter #MeToo Debate: Bardot, Bertolucci and the "Threat of Change"

Europe's Bitter #MeToo Debate: Bardot, Bertolucci and the
Last October, when Italian actress and director Asia Argento first spoke out against Harvey Weinstein, accusing the Hollywood producer of raping her in 1997 when she was 21, she probably expected the European film community to stand behind her. American stars who had come forward to tell their stories of harassment and sexual violence — Rose McGowan, Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie — had been hailed as heroes, praised for daring to break the silence around a system that fostered and perpetuated abuse.

Not so in Italy.

Instead of praising her, Italian media piled on Argento,...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Berlinale: Oldenburg's Torsten Neumann joins wishlist of candidates for top job

Berlinale: Oldenburg's Torsten Neumann joins wishlist of candidates for top job
Current Berlin director Dieter Kosslick will step down next year.

Torsten Neumann, co-founder and director of the Oldenburg International Film Festival since 1994, has become the latest name to be connected with the ongoing quest for a successor to Berlinale director Dieter Kosslick from May 2019.

Neumann, who is currently planning the 25th anniversary edition of his festival for this September, has hosted such international guests as Nicolas Cage, Mira Sorvino, Jim McBride, Matthew Modine, Alexandre Rockwell and Lou Diamond Phillips as well as leading lights from the local German industry – from Nicolette Krebitz through Jürgen Vogel and Oskar Roehler to Corinna Harfouch
See full article at ScreenDaily »

Reese Witherspoon Tweets Heartfelt Support to Ashley Judd for Suing Harvey Weinstein

Reese Witherspoon Tweets Heartfelt Support to Ashley Judd for Suing Harvey Weinstein
Reese Witherspoon is fully supporting Ashley Judd.

The Double Jeopardy actress, 50, announced Monday that she was taking legal action against disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein, alleging that he ruined her career by spreading “false and malicious statements” regarding her “professionalism as an actor.” Judd’s fellow Time’s Up advocates had nothing but encouragement.

“Go forth @AshleyJudd,” Witherspoon, 42, said on Twitter. “I am the wind at your back.”

Judd also received backing from Amber Tamblyn, Rose McGowan and more.

“You are a damn national treasure. Thank you,” wrote Tamblyn. “I’m here for you.”

McGowan added, “Proud of you .@AshleyJudd My We,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With | External Sites