jamesstewartfan

Suspenseful, 28 April 2006

L.B. Jeffries (James Stewart) is a professional photographer. Seven weeks prior to when this movie begins, he is taking a picture of a race car. The car runs over him, which breaks his leg.

Throughoout the movie, he is confined to a wheelchair, as he cannot walk very well with a broken leg. He starts watching his back window in his apartment, and notices that his neighbor is acting very strange. He starts watching his neighbor, and begins to suspect his neighbor of a possible murder. There had been a woman in the neighbor's apartment, then she suddenly disappears.

With suspense, and great acting director Alfred Hitchcock directed which very well could be his best movie. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes a good suspense movie.

9/10.

Shenandoah (1965)
Saddest James Stewart movie ever, 28 April 2006

Charlie Anderson (JamesStewart) is a farmer in Shenandoah, Virginia and finds himself (and his family) in the middle of the Civil War. He decides not to get involved in the war because he believes that this is not "his" war. But he eventually has to get involved when his youngest boy is taken prisoner by the North.

Charlie, upon rescuing his son, sees first hand the horrors of war, and loses several people close to him.

I won't give away much more, so as not to spoil too much, but I just want to recommend that if you do watch this movie, keep a box of tissues handy, because you WILL need it.

James Stewart gives a great performance in this classic true story about the Civil War.

9/10.

Best movie ever, 27 March 2006

No one, I mean, NO ONE can make a movie as good as this one. It's all but impossible to remove as my #1 favorite movie.

James Steart puts on his best performance as George Bailey, a banker who wants nothing more than to leave his home town of Bedford Falls. Little does he know that while he's there, he makes a tremendous influence on everyone in his town. Even the town Grinch, Mr. Potter, can't stop George from helping others. George sacrifices most of his dreams to make others happy.

After a horrible event on one cold Christmas Eve, George contemplates suicide. He ends up "saving" his guardian angel, who tries to convince George that he had done many good things. He then shows George a vision: we see, along with George, what the world would have been like had he not been born. Through this "vision", we see that George really had a wonderful life.

What makes this movie really good is what we see in the Tom Sawyer book at the end: "Remember, George, no man is a failure who has friends," with the word "no" underlined.

This is the best Christms movie. The best time to watch it is Christmas Eve, right before going to bed. If you like James Stewart, you will LOVE this movie. Don't miss it! This movie gets a perfect 10/10 from me.