insomniaklad

Fear of Clowns (2004) (V)
What the hell?, 5 March 2006

I've seen some bad movies in my time, but this, for the love of everything that's holy, is definitely in my top 10 most horrid movies of all time. From the god-awful acting, to the choppy camera work, this movie can't even be classified as a "B Grade horror movie".

The constant chopping of camera angles made me feel as though I was watching an episode of "24", and the acting made me feel as though I was watching some trained dolphins do interpretive dance about their feelings. The upstanding performance by the "Detective" was played more like a 40's gumshoe than someone from (apparently) the 90's. The lead actress has two emotions - uninterested and confused. The clown, well, he was semi-cool. Not overly scary, but cool. He made me want to giggle, and poke him.

I can't emphasise the horrific acting enough. There are not words in my vocabulary to describe how pathetic and transparent it was. The single saving point for the movie is the story, which could have been made into a decent movie had some rational thought been injected into it.

All in all, don't waste your time unless you're a fan of pathetic acting.

If you want a similar experience, paint a wall and try to teach it to act. Even that will be more fulfilling.