disneyland_200

perfect movie, 27 March 2006

I haven't seen many movies that are better than this one. This movie is 100% flawless. The story is perfect, the music is perfect, the voices are perfect, and the length, (which I am particularly fussy about) is perfect.

Nemo, a young clown-fish, is taken by a scuba diver, who turns out to be a goofy dentist. Meanwhile, Marlin, Nemo's father, sets out in search for Nemo. Soon, he meets Dory, a forgetful blue tang fish, who tries to help Marlin look for Nemo. Their adventures include encounters with vegetarian sharks, a violent angler fish, hypnotic jellyfish, and starving' seagulls! No one in the world can say Finding Nemo wasn't well made and be sane.

Perfect Score: 10/10.

One of Disney's Best, 9 March 2006

I actually don't know if this is a Disney film, but oh well.

I really loved this movie. The voice cast of the three animals were super. Michael J. Fox did a great job as Chance, the American Bulldog; Sally Field as Sassy the Himalayan cat, and Don Ameche (RIP) as Shadow, the Golden Retriever.

**Spoilers ahead** The story begins with a wedding. Bob Seaver (Robert Hays) marries Laura Burnford. (Kim Greist) Chance is, in a word, a troublemaker. He and Sassy don't get along, as is expected between cats and dogs. Shadow is an old dog, but still a puppy at heart.

The Seaver's leave their home to go to San Francisco; Bob has a temporary job their. They leave the animals at a friends's house. But when the Seaver's are gone longer than expected, the animals decide to go home themselves.

What they don't know is their home is miles away, and the road there is dangerous and difficult. They meet several dangerous animals, including a bear, a mountain lion, and a porcupine. (With all those quills, it is dangerous) Meanwhile, the family finds out about from the farmer, and they make reward posters of their pets.

A few circumstances later, the pets are taken to the pound, where they escape.

Eventuually, the pets make it home. The family is already home by then, and they are all happy.

I recommend this movie for anyone who like dogs or cats, or if you're a Rated "G" movie fan.

My Score: 9/10.

Shenandoah (1965)
Very sad, but worth watching if you feel like crying., 3 March 2006

This is the saddest movie I have ever seen. Charlie Anderson (James Stewart) is a widower, with many sons and one daughter. A few of them get married.

The story takes place during the Civil War. Charlie is not for the union, because he is against war. He won't join the Confederates because he opposes slavery. However, when one of his sons is kidnapped by some northerners, he sets out to find him. He experiences some horrible things, none of which I will say. But he sees first-hand the horrors of war, and he is forced to make a stand.

This is a great movie, but I think you should only watch this movie if you have plenty of tissues, because you will need them.

My Score: 8/10

Good, suspenseful film, 3 March 2006

If there's one good suspenseful film, this is one of them. James Stewart puts on a dazzling performance as American Dr. Ben McKenna who, with his wife and son, are in Africa on tour. They stumble on a murder scene, and Dr. McKenna's son is kidnapped hours later.

Before you can say, "Fasten your seat belts," Dr. McKenna finds out too much about a assassination attempt and tries to stop it. However, other people know he can be dangerous, (dangerous to them, that is) and try to dispose of him.

Eventually, Hank, the son, is found alive and well.

If you like suspenseful movies, this is the one to watch.

My Score: 8/10.

One of James Stewart's best, 3 March 2006

I haven't seen this movie for several months, but I remember it very well.

This is a movie about Tom Jeffords (James Stewart) trying to make peace with the Indians who lived near his hometown. Jeff Chandler does a great job as Cochise, the Indian Chief. (I may be wrong, but Jeff Chandler doesn't even look like an Indian. ) I really like the performance of Debra Paget, who plays Stewart's wife.

This story takes place in Arizona, which is where I have lived my whole life. This is one reason I love this movie.

If you love Jimmy Stewart, you'll love this film.

My Score: 8/10.

Pefect for Christmas Eve, 3 March 2006

No other movie is better to watch on Christmas Eve than this movie. It's full of laughs, cries, and other things. Only a person who has no life wouldn't like this movie. It's appropriate for children, unlike most movies being made today.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

George Bailey, played by my favorite actor, Jimmy Stewart, the one and only choice of Frank Capra, is a banker who stays in a town called Bedford Falls his entire life. He never once leaves Bedford Falls, in an effort to save his father's business.

Near the end, after George gets to see for himself what the world would have been like had he not been born, he discovers that life really is wonderful.

THe message of this movie is what you see in the book that Clarence gives George: "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends!" I truly love this movie, and would recommend it for all ages.

My Score: 10/10