jmanhomer2007

One of the greatest movies of all time!, 1 March 2011

A Masterpiece. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. This is the best episode in the epic Star Wars saga.

I recall as a child to being bored with this one. The scene with Luke is fighting Vader involving a dream sequence was the first glimpse I ever saw of any Star Wars film. Looking back makes me realize that this particular movie is special and personal to my heart. I grew up with all 6 movies. Episodes 4,5, and 6 on VHS and Episodes 1, 2 and 3 in theaters.

Let me explain why The Empire Strikes Back is the pot of gold:

The movie takes place in between A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

The story is quite dark and leaves you hanging for the final showdown.

Yoda makes his first appearance on film and what a great one it is.

Han Solo reveals another side of him and woos Princess Leia. Who'd a thought that would happen?

Lando Calrissian, another great new character to the Star Wars story.

Boba Fett, a cult favorite. Even though he appears on screen for 5 minutes, let's face it, he's a baddass no matter what!

The #1 reason this film makes the top of the list is when the whole Star Wars tale goes awry. In which Darth Vader reveals he is Luke Skywalker's father.

There will never be a roller coaster ride like this. It focuses on the continuing story, and still gives us some visually astounding action sequences all within 2 hours. The directing of the late Irvin Kershner is spot on along with the writing of George Lucas. I recommend this film to any film student, sci fi fan or movie buff whether you are a Star Wars fan or not.

Iron Man 2 (2010)
A good solid sequel, 8 May 2010

A good sequel.

a tiny bit disappointing.

The story goes everywhere but is saved with incredible special effects.

Don Cheadle plays a better War Machine than Terrance Howard ever would have. Gweneth Paltrow is somewhat annoying and doesn't satisfy from the first one.

If your looking for a popcorn flick, this is the movie to see

The villains are just great and Robert Downey Jr can do anything. He IS Iron Man.

The Avengers movie is getting closer and this film is giving us more answers.

Boom Boom! This and that..., 25 June 2009

I enjoyed the first movie. Great special effects and a worthy story.

Now this sequel just turns me completely off. The acting is horrible (i.e Sam's parents and Megan Fox, etc), There are explosions in every scene. I got extremely bored and almost walked out of this trash.

BLOCKBUSTERS Don't HAVE TO BE F***ING 150 MINUTES LONG! IT GETS WAY OUT OF HAND! There was so much product placement, including Michael Bay's past work (i.e Bad Boys II).

The final battle is way way (way) too long. The twin robots are so stereotypical and annoying. I could go on....

There is no light for this film. Even the special effects were a waste of my time. I have no clue why it takes Sam so long to tell that annoying, but very attractive Megan Fox, "I Love You". Typical Eye Candy...

Star Wars is back! And better than ever!, 5 October 2008

On Friday October 3rd, I tuned in on Cartoon Network for the two part world premier of "The Clone Wars".

Now, the movie that came out last month was a complete screw up! The worst Star Wars related thing ever! I was so worried that it would make the following TV show look terrible.

But when October 3rd came, I was wrong. The animation was an improvement to the movie, and the character developments were amazing! However, they have to have young kids watch this cause it's Cartoon Network for Gods Sake! That is why the droids are so stupid throughout the series. I don't mind that now. As a matter of fact, they do get me to laugh sometime.

Asokah Tano was very annoying in the movie, but in the series second episode, I realized that she is only a kid and she can do great things during the 100 episodes.

And lets face it, the clone characters are just bad ass! I'm so glad that Yoda gave a speech to them on the importance of the force. It just shows what a good series it will turn out to be.

Star Wars lives on and will continue to for the next several years...