Tbird23

great flick, 17 April 2006

Wow. What a great flick. I had read some reviews of this and was intrigued by the cast.

Started out a bit slow, but Hartnett did a great job and frankly any movie with Morgan Freeman in it can't be all bad.

To me this was a cross between Pulp Fiction, Snatch and Reservoir Dogs. Bruce Willis was superb as usual, playing a very subdued character. Reminded me a lot of his character in The Sixth Sense. In fact, I think they used the same wardrobe and hairdresser.

Very cool noir sorta flick. Confusing to be sure, but rest assured it all ties together nicely with multiple twists and turns. Sure, some of them are expected, but some catch you going "oooohhhhh".

Mykelti Williamson has a nice little role.

I give this movie an 8 out of 10. Hartnett was superb and I almost forgive him for Pearl Harbor.

Firewall (2006)
Not terrible..., 22 February 2006

Overall, an enjoyable movie, until the end when it felt like the director got sick of the movie and said "that's a wrap. everyone leave".

Fortunately, they didn't go overboard with the usual lousy computer scenes you normally see in a movie. In fact, the whole name of "Firewall" is poorly chosen.

If you're looking for a simple pseudo-thriller that follows the typical script, you'll enjoy this.

If you're looking for more than that, look elsewhere.

I give it a 5 out of 10. Had some enjoyable moments, but like I said, it simply ends poorly.