akiratalon39

Lots of magic, humor, and language, 7 June 2006

I was reading a Preacher story when I saw an introduction by Penn Jillette. I was intrigued by his opinions and his humor, and through a little Wikipedia magic, I realized he had his own show. Naturally, I recorded an episode on my TiVo.

At first, I wasn't expecting much--maybe a little magic trick and bunny being pulled from the hat. What I got was a heavy dose of profanity and some thought-provoking questions.

I watched an episode dealing with numbers and how certain people manipulate numbers in their favor. By the end of the show, I was enlightened.

Eagerly, I recorded the next show. Enlightened, again.

Both Penn and Teller are humorous, in their own individual ways. Teller can't talk, but his mime-sque works quite well.

My only critique was the profanity. I've watched a couple of Deadwood episodes and Assault on Precinct 13, so I know all those bad little words. However, when Penn curses, it seems like the only point he is cursing is misplaced shock value and trying to constantly remind the viewers that the show is not for adults.

This is my opinion, but what's the point of the continuous, standout profanity. Does the show really need it? MY final verdict is that the show tackles interesting points but adds a little too much profanity for its own good.

Contract J.A.C.K. (2003) (VG)
Bad move . . ., 12 February 2006

Aw. Monolith went above and beyond with the lush and humorous environments in No One Lives Forever 1 and 2. The only "problem" was that the action was a little on the . . . uh . . . little side. Another problem involved some complaints that insecure men were a little intimidated to be playing a woman that can sure kick some butt.

So Monolith sprang into action and developed this fifteen level so-called expansion pack. Starring is John Jack, just another contract killer, as he goes around Eastern Europe chasing a bizarre Italian named Il Pazzo (which means 'The Crazy') as he goes around blowing up the world and emasculating you.

This game is littered with generic guns and bodies. Very soon in the beginning you realize that there is no stealth. There is cold, hard action and a whole lot of shell casings. The snow in Czech is red with blood and the janitors of Italy will have a heck of time cleaning up the bodies.

The M rating is well deserved. Yet, leave this by. The prequel and sequel are quite better.