WebForm-1

The Truman Show is an astute commentary on our lives. Funny how we go through them, as the 'director' stated... 'accepting the reality that is presented to us'., 29 January 2006

The Truman Show

I personally like Carrey, if simply for the reason that I've not seen any of his more off the wall stuff. My experience with him has been 'The Truman Show', 'The Mask', 'Bruce Almighty' and 'The Majestic'.

The Truman Show is an astute commentary on our lives. Funny how we go through them, as the 'director' stated... 'accepting the reality that is presented to us'. Could it then be, that what we know and see isn't really what 'is' at all? From the heavens, many of us know of a 'God'... that watches over us, loving us unconditionally, on the pretense and within the world that he has 'created' for us. He believes with all his heart, that it is the best for us. Yet...

What if... What if it is not the best? What if we do not want what we are given? What if we long for something else, something inexplicable that we can not even put in to words?

It seems that questions are the very life blood that pumps through us. That, and an unconquerable spirit to have ever 'more' than we know. Is that why poets write, explorers leave and dreamers find another reality? Perhaps as we contemplate our own little 'worlds', we will pause now and again to question what we see, and what we believe we know... and maybe, just maybe... we will learn.

In Bruce Almighty I asked my son what he had learned. He answered with, "That we don't know everything". I thought that was a pretty astute observation from a 13 year old who usually believes he does. He also commented on how it was best to think about why we want something. Not bad for a couple ten-spots. MS - Chantaclair.com

Christof: We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented.