barry-knox

An inspirational film with a Christian message, 24 November 2006

Before seeing this film I had no idea that it had a Christian theme. I was a little concerned about this at first, but once you get past that the film is very entertaining and inspirational. I guess if you can buy into "use the force Luke" then "with God all things are possible" isn't too much to swallow.

Visually the movie is nicely done.

The acting isn't the best, but the story is still well told.

A must see if you are a Christian, the football is good if that's your bag, I wouldn't advise anyone against seeing.

Overall... okay

Gattaca (1997)
An imperfect man's struggle to succeed in a genetically perfect world., 21 January 2006

This film is a refreshing drama with incredible performances by Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, and Uma Thurman. While this film did not receive much acclaim and hardly anyone has seen it, it is the best couple of hours you will ever spend watching a movie. I could watch the movie again and again - and I do. In this movie a new underclass if "invalids" is created in the not too distant future when genetic engineering becomes the preferred form of procreation. Vincent Freeman stops at nothing to accomplish his dreams. A story of how dedication and perseverance can overcome the impossible. This movie is true testament to the human spirit. Never save anything for the swim back!