Jsimpson5

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Predictable Ending, 16 June 2008

I saw this film yesterday and needless to say it wasn't the best film I've seen in a long time. Basically people starting killing them selves for no reason what so ever and nobody knows what is causing the problem.

While the ideal is quite good, there are some problems with the film in general. The first problem is the cast. Several of the characters are miscasts and this is a problem. Zooey or as I call her the "Thousand Yard stare lady" plays the wife of the main character. Her eyes seem out of focus the entire time and she just looks like she is looking out into space the entire time.

The film wasn't very scary at all since when something bad was about to happen you could predict what was going to happen. The ending of the film was pointless and predictable as well.

Overall this wasn't a great film, so avoid unless you have nothing better to do.

Good, but jumping the shark, 22 May 2008

Crime Scene Investigation came out in 2000 and became a hit. It's original and graphic at times, but does show that violent crimes scenes can be gruesome and graphic.

The show in it's early years were very good, while the show is still good it's starting to jump the shark in my opinion. This all started with Jorja Fox leaving the show. Once she left the show started to slip in quality and the show at times becomes increasingly stupid.

The story arcs for the show are quite good. I'm not usually crazy for story arcs that span multiple seasons as it takes way to long to come to a resolution and if someone didn't watch a previous episode in the arc, the person may miss something important.

While it's still a good show and good to watch the show is starting to slip story wise.

Basically a long TV episode, 14 May 2008

I've always enjoyed the Simpsons back in the 90's and early 2000's. I'm still a fan but I haven't watched any new episodes for a few years now. I was happy to hear that a film was coming out and I heard mixed review but I still had to see it for myself.

I won't throw away the film but due to an accident a dome is forced to cover Springfield and the Simpsons attempted to deal with the issue at hand with the dome.

This wasn't the funniest film out there in terms of comedy. It was funny at times, but not rolling on the floor laughing funny. The script is well written, but the jokes at times are corny and stupid.

The film itself was a great idea and enjoyable to watch. If your a former fan or a current fan of The Simpsons then watch the movie, you will enjoy it.

Not as good as the 1st ,2nd, or 4th film, 6 May 2008

The Kickboxer franchise spanned 5 films. The 1st film was in theaters, all films after that were direct to video. I loved the 2nd film as it's my overall favorite film of the whole series. The 3rd film however leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This film takes place some time after the events of the 2nd film. David now has a fight in Brazil and helps a homeless brother and sister fight out of a ruthless pimp.

The fight scenes are actually not that bad at all, which were some of my favorite parts of the film. There were some things that I had some problems with. Mainly the story is my biggest gripe. If Tong Po is such enemy in the series, where the hell is he? He is not mentioned at all during the film, which really messes up the film franchise as a whole.

This is easily the weakest film in the whole series, and unless you are crazy or want to see it, then avoid it.

A decent, but flawed sequel, 5 May 2008

A decent follow up to the first Jurassic Park film, but it could have been better. Basically the film takes place a few years after the accident at the island. Ian is now considered crazy by his peers for comments about the island. While visiting the creator of the island he learns that there was another island and a friend of Ian's is on the island.

There are some things that I did like about the film. The CGI effects are still great, and there is some character development this time around, which is a nice change so it shows that characters are not always the same through the whole film.

The script I felt was weak at times. Mainly the times with the Ingen corp group I felt there was some stock scripting and nothing felt like it could really happen. There are fewer kids in this film which is a plus since the kids int he first film and the kids in this film don't seem realistic. The kids act like movie kids, which doesn't make them as realistic as they could be.

Overall it's not a bad sequel and it does follow the previous film well, but some flaws bog down the potential of a film that could have been a lot more.

An unneeded sequel, 5 May 2008

A good number of films have sequels. Most of the time the sequels are not as good as the first film. There are a few exceptions to this rule as well. Films sequels in my opinion fall into at least one of the following three groups, sequels that are not good, sequels that are good, and sequels that should not have been made. This film falls into both the first and three groups.

The basic gist of the film is that some people want to go Site "B" and see the dinosaurs. They get there and things go from dumb to worse.

I didn't like this film that much at all. The characters just don't seem like real people, they were not 2-d characters, and they are not 3-d characters, but sorta 2.5-d characters. They change some, but not much to seem like they should.

I also wasn't impressed with the CGI effects. The effects didn't seem realistic at times. The other problem I had with the film was the length of the film. The whole film seemed rushed and there was not much character development at all, which is important for any films, especially the Jurassic Park films.

This film is sorta like the many Friday the 13th films. Not good and not needed. If you enjoyed the first two Jurassic Park films then ignore this one, it's not worth it.

Top Gun (1986)
An interesting film, regardless of the mistakes, 25 April 2008

For the record, I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan. I really don't like him that much and I think he seems to be a bit over the top at all times. Regardless of that I do watch some of his films at least the ones that I want to watch.

The basic gist of the film is that Cruise plays a USN pilot who goes to an academy called TOP Gun to see if he has what it takes to be one of the best pilots around. Overall it's a good film, regardless of the mistakes that are made, which are more or less for military terms and what not.

If you enjoy military films or enjoy Tom cruise in general then you will not be disappointed by watching this film.

A true classic, 21 March 2008

My path down independent films led to some very interesting films. Some of the films coming from Troma one of the leading companies in the independent film industry. Troma has made many classic films over the years, but the one that sticks with me the most is one of their greatest hits the Toxic Avenger.

The story is about a weakling janitor who works at a health club. After a freak accident he becomes the Toxic Avenger who seeks out evil and destroys it.

What make this film a classic is everything that is about it. The acting is bad at times, the script is corny, but it's violent and that's what really sticks out in my mind.

Overall this is easily one of Troma's greatest films and any fan of b-movies should watch this one for sure.

Decent, but overrated, 16 February 2008

I'm not a huge fan of the National Lampoon films. I enjoyed Animal House, NL's Vacation, and NL's Christmas Vacation. I started watching this film with high expectation, however when it was all said and done, I felt that I was slightly robbed of part of my life.

The film starts out with the Griswalds on a game show where they win the top prize which is a trip to Europe. Once in Europe everything that could go wrong does go wrong.

Some of the acting in this film seemed off. Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo still do their parts very well and the really seem like a real married couple who's been together for a long time. Dana Hill seemed off on her mark and really just came off as a bitchy and love sicken teenager who I found to be annoying at every turn. Jason Lively now takes the role of Rusty Griswald and really missed the mark this time. Jason in my eyes could not capture Rusty as a 15 year old teenager.

There were some good laughs mainly through England and some of the Germany and Rome parts. I wasn't fully crazy for the France part, but it was true about when you butcher someone else's language up and they say stuff and you have no clue what they say. I know it happens here in the United States to, because I've done it before but after I am done talking to the person or they are out of range of hearing me saying stuff.

Some of the jokes seemed forced and don't come off as being very funny. If you love the Vacation films, you can watch it, so that you understand stuff that is referenced in previous films, but you or may not enjoy it.

A film that shows a potential future ahead of us, 10 January 2008

While I enjoy films, I tend to think that movie plots could potentially happen in real life. This film is one of those ideas that could happen in the future.

The film is basically starts out telling you that the world is overpopulated and real food is very rare. The film focuses on New York City and how life is dealing there. Half the population is out of work and overcrowding is a serious but unfix-able issue.

Since food is scarce a company called Soylent was created and they produced a type of food source called Soylent and has different names for each based off the color of it (Soylent Red, Yellow, etc). Most of these are in wide fashion, however a new Soylent has come out called Soylent Green which is made out of plankton, however since the demand for it is greater than the supply Soylent green can only be obtained once a week.

Charlton Heston plays a cop who investigates the murder of a rich man. Over the course of the film Charlton's character must find out why he was murdered and what exactly the secret of Soylent Green is. Edward G. Robinson plays Sol Roth an old man who helps Charlton's character in the film. Sol is known for saying why real food is rare, and how beautiful the world used to look before it was heavily damaged by people.

Sol serves more or less as the information man side kick for the film. He finds out information and is able to find the real secret of Soylent Green.

The script for the most part is really good, which some characters seem a little 2-d but that is mostly overlooked.

While the movie itself is fiction, it does ask a very important question. Is this a potential future for the world we live in? It's possible that something similar to what happens in this film could happen in the future.

Overall the film is good and is important to watch, regardless is you care about the environment or not.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]