dkochan

Riveting, 26 January 2006

I caught this film on a movie channel on television today. Although I didn't know anything about it I was drawn into the story and couldn't stop watching it. The film has very pretty scenes with outstanding cinematography and framing of the characters. Great angles and editing. Wonderful symbolism. The pieces of the puzzle keep appearing but the puzzle isn't solved until the final moments. The movie kept me in suspense the entire 2 hours. Bravo! Oustanding acting and use of colors. The acting was very good and although I hadn't heard about this film previously I expect to pass it on. If you life foreign films and movies that make you think you'll enjoy this movie tremendously.

2 thumbs up, 29 October 2005

I was looking forward to this movie for months and personally I loved it. I laughed and cheered throughout the movie. If you want a Zorro adventure/action flick you will get it. Catharine Zeta-Jones role is enhanced and she gets to be more than a pretty face. I loved Elena's role as Zorro's partner as well as wife. The mini-me Zorro son was fine with me also and got lots of laughs from the audience. Good villains and great scenery from San Luis Potosi in Mexico. Good stunts especially with the horse. While some of the plot may seem unbelievable you must suspend belief and just sit back for a good time. The audience applauded at the end. Nice music too!