ozarkslady

Dreadful Let-down, 26 November 2012

I'm no longer a young adult - I'm quite elderly, in fact. But I have to admit I loved the book series upon which this movie franchise is based. And I have been tolerant of the 4 movies leading up to this final one, mostly because they have been pretty faithful to what I felt were the important points of the story lines. Even though the acting skills of the major characters have been sad throughout, I have been able to blame that mostly on poor direction and I could find much otherwise to enjoy. But in this final movie of the series, I just feel let down by everyone involved with it: director, actors, script-writers, special effects people, casting, producers (yes, Stephanie Meyer herself is included here!). It had been a long time since I felt cheated out of the price of a movie ticket, but I really regret wasting not only $8 for this one, but also the seemingly interminable 2 hours I lost trying to find some redeeming value while sitting through it. For a fantasy story about vampires, werewolves, and half-mortals, there was nothing remotely believable in this movie. I know nothing of making movies, but I think I could have come up with something better than this, and for a lot less money.