bradleyevans_1

Kill List (2011)
Well crafted, claustrophobic & genuinely scary., 6 December 2011

I felt compelled to write this review after reading the previous review on here. I fail to see how anyone with a true love for film, especially for the horror genre could possibly say this had a "ham fisted" approach. The largely improvised dialogue is such a pleasure to behold and lends the film an authentic stiflingly creepy mood. Much has been said about the director successfully cross pollinating two genres seamlessly and I concur that this is the effect the film has. Not only will fans of the horror genre find in this film a true cult classic, but it's bleak and improvised nature is very reminiscent of a Ken Loach-esque approach. The pace of the film escalates tirelessly throughout and towards the end of the film certain scenes are so claustrophobic I can honestly say this is the first "horror" film to have genuinely left me feeling unsettled & scared in many years. This film leaves the viewer, shocked and breathless by it's end, and I for one recommend it highly! Hopefully this will have redressed the balance for this film here after the stunning ignorance of the last simple minded review.