imdbfangirl

I couldn't'believe this movie was serious!, 4 September 2005

First off I would like to say I am in no way trying to make enemies, I am just expressing my own opinion. When I heard about this movie before they even did casting, I knew they were going to pick some pop singer with not the best acting skills to play Daisy. I WAS RIGHT :)! The thing that upsets me the most, surprisingly wasn't the plot, or the characters at all, it was simply the horrible accents. Jessica Simpson is from Texas, so why can't she make a decent southern accent? It sounded too made-up and that alone sets the tone for the way you look at the rest of her skills in this movie. the only cast member that had a good southern accent was Willie Nelson, AND THATS CAUSE ITS REAL! It's important when you re-make a classic, that you keep the simplest things the same, this film didn't. My advice to anyone who wants to see this is, don't waste nearly $10.00 on seeing this movie in theaters, at least wait until it's on video so you can save some money by renting it.