Chicagostorm

A great documentary on the construction of castles and medieval life!, 5 October 2012

I show this documentary every year to my world history classes at the high school I work at and my students find it both informative and entertaining. Based on the well written and illustrated works by David Macaulay, the film is part documentary and part animated story revealing not only how and why European castles were built, but also about life in medieval Europe, especially town life and the role of the nobility. I highly recommend it to any person interested in medieval European history or for teachers wanting to employ its use in the classroom. At only sixty minutes in length, it is perfect for teachers to show on overview of medieval European life without having the film take up too much of classroom time.

A great documentary on Roman cities and ancient Roman like, 5 October 2012

I show this documentary every year to my world history classes at the high school I work at and my students find it both informative and entertaining. Based on the well written and illustrated works by David Macaulay, the film is part documentary and part animated story revealing not only how Roman cities were planned built, but also about life in the ancient Roman empire. I highly recommend it to any person interested in Roman history or for teachers wanting to employ its use in the classroom. At only sixty minutes in length, it is perfect for teachers to show on overview of ancient Rome without having the film take up too much of classroom time.

A well-made documentary about life in ancient Egypt!, 4 October 2012

I show this documentary every year to my world history classes at the high school I work at and my students find it both informative and entertaining. Based on the well written and illustrated works by David Macaulay, the film is part documentary and part animated story revealing not only how and why the Egyptian pyramids were built, but also about life in ancient Egypt and how the guiding philosophy called Ma'at had such an impact on how Egyptian society was governed and maintained by the pharaohs. I highly recommend it to any person interested in ancient Egyptian history or for teachers wanting to employ its use in the classroom. At only sixty minutes in length, it is perfect for teachers to show on overview of ancient Egypt without having the film take up too much of classroom time.