simonbruh

Will go down as one of the most underrated films in the history of cinema!, 6 August 2016

I was honestly baffled at how low some of these reviews have been. "the characters weren't given enough backstory" Um, ARE YOU INSANE?! The characters that needed build(Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Rick Flag and the Enchantress) got just that: build! I bet you'd still call the movie bad for "giving too many characters unnecessary backstories" had they went in the direction of giving detailed backstories to the likes of Killer Croc, Katana and Slipknot. "The Joker was barely in it" The movie is called "Suicide Squad" NOT "The Joker" alright? And, from the short time that Jared Leto's Joker was in the movie, he knocked it out of the park! "The editing was choppy" Now, I will admit, some of the editing in the first 20-25 minutes was kind of all over the place. But beyond that, there were little problems with the editing! "There was too much music" I feel like music doesn't hinder my viewing experience even if it's hammered into the movie, as long as the movie's soundtrack is enjoyable. And guess what! The soundtrack to Suicide Squad is GREAT! That's not even talking about the many, MANY laugh out loud moments, GREAT performances from all characters, main and supporting(yes, that includes MOST of the villains performance), the great action scenes, and the multiple emotional moments that had me tearing up multiple times during the movie! The cinema that I saw this movie in applauded multiple times during this movie, and I could see why. The only problems I had were the previously mentioned shoddy editing in the first 20 minutes, and the villain being kind of meh. Besides those reasons, Suicide Squad is one of my favorite comic book movies, and definitely up there with the likes of Deadpool, Civil War and The Nice Guys as one of my favorite movies of the year! Final verdict: 4.75/5 (or 9/10)

It's so bad that it'll make you feel bad for asking for a 3rd GB movie., 12 July 2016

This movie proves two things about Hollywood: 1. They are out of ideas 2. They love to ruin childhoods

Not a single joke from any of the main four main actresses landed. The only funny character in the movie was Chris Hemsworth. AND HE'S NOT EVEN IN THE MOVIE THAT MUCH!!! The special effects are mediocre as hell for what's supposed to be a summer blockbuster. The movie contradicts itself TWICE and it comes to a grinding halt every 15-20 minutes to make a reference to the original source material to try and save itself, which it fails miserably at. And every single male character in this movie is either a complete idiot, an outright douche bag, or an antisocial weirdo in the case of the villain. This wouldn't be a problem if the whole marketing campaign was built around how "all haters are misogynistic men." The hypocrisy is REAL.

Ghostbusters 2016 is an unfunny, hypocritical mess of a movie.

Fun, Entertaining, but Crammed with too much., 12 June 2016

I along with many others had a lot of problems with the 2014 TMNT movie produced by Michael Bay. I didn't hate the movie as much as the general public seemed to, but the movie is definitely flawed. Most of my problems had to do with the movie taking itself way too seriously at times and the overabundance of human characters... Which brings us to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. The sequel takes place a year after the defeat of the Shredder and New York City and the Turtles seem to be at peace. That is until a scientist by the name of Baxter Stockman(played by Tyler Perry) breaks Shredder(now played by Brian Tee) out of prison for a sinister plot to take over the world with the help of Krang, and inter dimensional alien and his Technodrome. Stockman and Shredder also recruit two criminals by the names of Bebop and Rocksteady(played by Gary Anthony Williams and WWE superstar Sheamus) to ensure their plan, and it's up to the turtles along with April O'Neil(Megan Fox) Vern Fenwick(Will Arnett) and their new friend Casey Jones(Stephen Amell) to stop them. I saw the movie and was absolutely dumbfounded at how much I enjoyed it. First off, the performances of all four turtles all have their own distinct personality and are featured WAY more than they were in the first movie. Which makes it way more powerful when the turtles go through emotional turmoil. Most of the other performances are great as well, I loved every villain in this movie, ESPECIALLY Bebop and Rocksteady. Their characters were so fun and energetic and faithful to the original 80s cartoon and they are a joy to watch on screen as well as Krang and Shredder. Another great thing about this movie are the action scenes. There is one scene in particular that takes place on an airplane which was one of the best action scenes I've seen all year, and the final fight is also very entertaining. The humor in this movie is very similar to the cartoons and there are many, MANY references to the other Turtles universes. Although the movie is not perfect. While the movie focuses on the turtles, the scenes involving the main human protagonists are not very good at all, ESPECIALLY Will Arnett's scenes. Another problem that plagues this movie is the amount of sub plots. You have the main plot line, as well as the introductions of Bebop/Rocksteady, Krang and Baxter Stockman AND Casey Jones, Leo facing leadership troubles, all the human crap, the brothers fighting among each other AND the movie isn't subtitled Out of the Shadows for no reason. It feels like at least one of those sub plots could've been completely cut from the movie. I get that the makers of the film wanted to include fan service to make up for the first movie, but that should never come as a price for good film making. In the end, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is a very good film with good performances and great action, but suffers from Batman v Superman syndrome of having too many plots for it's own good. However, if you are a Ninja Turtles fan, you should check this one out, even if it's not the best Turtles film.