Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Jack and Jill (2011/I)
Thank You Adam for the great laughs, 30 August 2016

OK, I totally loved this movie. I laughed hard and often, in fact I laughed more than probably any other Sandler flick except maybe the Waterboy. I know Sandlers humor has gone a bit out of style because there aren't dirty jokes, lots of cursing,lots of people getting drunk or stoned which is what people like now. It not that kind of humor, its pretty family friendly but man its hilarious to me...Adam is the latest Mel Brooks. I didn't actually think he was that funny as Jill but still there were so many funny moments. Adam will have to add dirty jokes, nudity, and lots of f bombs before he will get his audience back. Today's audience just can't get the old school slapstick humor anymore I guess. I feel lucky that I can get it and man I had fun. I needed the laughs too. Sandler is a comic genius, Im thankful we have him.

fascinating, action with a story, 21 August 2016

Mel Gibson is great in this movie. He portrays a grizzled ex con who is hell bent on helping his wayward teenage daughter who is up to the seat of her hotpants in hot water. Yeah, there is a ton of action, and very well staged action, but there is also a very powerful underlying narrative about the power of love. Gibson pretty much nails the role and you can't help but admire the character, a very flawed but helplessly hopeful individual who carries a certain nobility despite it all. He is a world weary survivor who has seen it all and finally realizes that the only things that really matter are self value and the people you should be close to. The daughter is just as flawed and beat up as the dad but together they form a bond that transcends all, even the grave. This is first and foremost a blast away action thriller but one theme runs through all the pyrotechnics...we all got to help each other and finally it will all start making sense and maybe even end well for a change. Wow, how the heck did Mel get those guns...Arnold and Stallone must be bright freaking green with envy. Man, those things look computer enhanced but I bet they aren't. Impressive!!!!

A great classic, just fabulous, 26 July 2016

Still engaging today IMO. I watched this recently and was very entertained despite the fact there are virtually no effects, very little computer input(ha). I'm pretty sure the budget would not buy much in Hollywood today (lunch maybe). Films can be so good with just charismatic actors, good lighting, and a clever script. One could probably make thirty film like this with the money they blow on computer graphics along nowadays. Heck, you don't even need color!!! Oh well, we have these old classics to enjoy and still we can go off to the movies and watch them blow stuff up...its a win win. Just a Gigolo, what fun.

Definitely entertaining, a fine new Trek, 25 July 2016

I am giving this a nine because its probably one of the very few movies I have watched lately that I would like to see again. As new trek movies go this one is certainly a highlight. All the effects, sets, etc are absolutely first rate. The story is better than most, and it helps that it sets a very fast pace. There is always something interesting happening in this film. I cant see how any Star Trek fan would be disappointed. My only gripe is the new Spock. Somehow, he doesn't seem quite right but after Nimoy's epic portrayals Im not sure anyone who follows will fit the bill. However, I really like the Tuvok character from the Voyager series. Actually I would prefer him right now. Anyhow, its all minor whining on my part. Its a truly great movie, a real epic and the alien girl was a super nice addition. Uhura was great too, she really got to kick some butt. Pine makes an awesome kirk too...he really has claimed the role as his. Its a must see....much much better than all that pretentious "trust the force" drudge people love so dearly. Live Long and Prosper fools!!!

The Choice (2016/I)
where were the super heroes and explosions, 24 June 2016

A very romantic and enjoyable film. A lot of people will hate it because of the lack of computer graphics. For my money the leading lady in a bikini is a testament again to the fact God creates much greater beauty than anything man can dream up. I have enjoyed most of the Sparks films. They are laid back and stress love. What people don't like about that is hard to figure. Maybe if the neighbor had been wonder woman or transgender or whatever it would have gotten rave reviews. I watched it with my daughter and I almost teared up. The scenery is grand too, makes you want to move south (dont forget the heat tho, its brutal) OK, I liked it and you will too if you have a heart inside your chest or you are a guy who digs extremely pretty females Like I do.

Absolutely Beautiful, lovely women, epic fantasy...don't miss it, 28 February 2016

The visual effects alone are way worth the cost of admission. They blew me away. I went to the 3d version and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same, it is fantastic. The girls were knockouts too, Helen of Troy would turn green with envy if she had to stand next to Zaya...whoa!!! What can I say, forget about Lenin's useful morons and their thought police whining about the cast. Nobody freaking cares, besides real Egyptians have way more to worry about lately than getting their movie careers off the ground.

The plot takes a bit of a back seat to the incredible effects and visual treats but its pretty decent. At least the characters aren't running around chasing some idiot ring that only destroys them...This actually is a film about mythology with plenty of dazzling action and the good old tried and true absolute evil vs the power of love. In a weird kind of way it reminded me a bit of The Risen (another great film by the way) There are similar themes woven through both movies surprisingly.

The movie is rated low here cause Bernie's politically correct wanna be tyrants come on here in hordes and slam films that don't have a communist slant. Ignore that bs and go see this amazing cinematic miracle.

well written attempt at something deeper, 21 February 2016

there is really no reason to trash this film. Plot wise, its pretty solid with a nice tale. The effects are about what one would expect of a rather low budget film but they are OK. The cast is pretty solid, tho not Oscar worthy. The story revolves around a mysterious alien invasion that no one can figure out. There are religion undertones, and not so subtle ones at that. The aliens turn out to be powerful, God like entities that have come to determine the worth of the human race. Plan B it to knock the planet off its axis and destroy us. C Thomas Howell is fun to watch and he is a promising director. The movie moves along at a decent pace and never hits any truly boring stretches. I felt reasonably entertained and no, its far from the worse movie ever made like some sniffy Star Wars nerds commented here.

some fun to be had here, 21 February 2016

The first thing one must do while viewing this is to get past the incredibly hokey looking costumes the space soldiers Otherwise, its a pretty decent action sci fi movie complete with zombies, evil cyborgs, androids, werewolves, dinosaurs and all manner of weirdness. There isn't much plot. The space marines are sent to check out this place and they spend the rest of the flick shooting everything that moves and trying to get out. The dialogue is mostly MF this MF that...etc. Still, it manages to entertain if you have a fondness for low budget, weird sci fi. The leading lady is VERY darn cute. Why she was left to fend for herself after being wounded is a serious plot hole, especially considering the top dog was in love with her obviously. OK, this is mildly entertaining action packed madness that could have used one familiar face in the cast.

fun adventure story, 8 February 2016

I enjoyed this little flick. Hard to believe it was made for a half million dollars cause it looks pretty darn good. The story is pretty well known of course but it managed to be reasonably fresh. Undersea movies make me kinda claustrophobic for this one didn't get to me to bad. I would never go on any kind of submarine...I will wait until I am dead to get buried thank you. The cast seemed to be having fun, especially Mr Lamas and the fine actor who played Nemo. Nemo is certainly one of the great characters in fantasy. Thanks Jules. Despite this being low budget I thought it was easy to watch and there is a good bit of suspense and fun to be had. Some of the characters were a bit wooden but the lady lead is smoking hot and overall the cast performed well. The effects were actually very superior considering the budget, great job! I generally enjoy Asylum movies and some are real gems like this one. Just a nice way to help pass off a slow night and nothing beats a good old fashioned adventure picture. Probably deserved a rating closer to a seven but I added a point for effort and the fun factor.

Very Weird, Good Cast...kept me interested, 7 February 2016

This is a decent horror flick. The special effects were very good and quite unusual. It was sorta the Mummy meets the Invisible Man for a large portion of the movie. The Mummy morphs from one form to another a number of times and it mostly worked. Lysette Anthony looked so darn cute, that little vixen. Christopher Lee was great as always, it would have been nice if he had gotten a few more scenes though. He looked cool too. The guy with the shaved head and tattoos stole a lot of the scenes. He was very good as a possessed maniac. The scene where they brought him back from the dead was pretty creepy, there are so scary moments in this flick unlike the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies, tho I generally liked them too. This movie is sort of a different take, an update on the more traditional Mummy films. I thought it was very unique and it kept me going despite the fact I thought it would probably be crappo based on how its rated here. It is very much better than its rating, overall the film has a lot of good ideas and it moves along well. I think most horror fans would get a couple of thrills from this epic. give it a try.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]