Lady_Targaryen

Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

"Narcos" (2015)
Awesome show, great performance, highly addictive!, 29 November 2016

"Narcos" is a crime TV series showing the story of the famous (and real!) kingpin Pablo Escobar, the drug lord and owner of the Medellín drug cartel in Colombia. Pablo became a billionaire through the production and distribution of cocaine, a new drug at the time. Up until them, the biggest problem was marijuana, that was sold by "hippies in flip-flops".

Escobar was an established black marketeer in Medellín, moving trucks worth of illegal goods (alcohol, cigarettes, and household appliances) into Colombia during a time when this was strictly forbidden, when introduced to Mateo "Cockroach" Moreno, a Chilean exile and underground chemist, who pitched the idea that they go into business together, with Moreno producing and Escobar distributing a new, profitable drug—cocaine.Since cocaine is highly addictive, we see the ascension of the violent cartels in Colombia trying to bring tons of cocaine to the US and the battle with the DEA agents trying to hunt Escobar down. Pablo Escobar ascension to the most famous/ richer Drug Dealer in the world is also shown, and the story is told through Steve Murphy's perspective, an American DEA agent working in Colombia whose sidekick is the Mexican DEA agent Javier Peña.

In my personal opinion "Narcos" is a very addictive and an incredible TV series, with top performances from Wagner Moura (Tropa de Elite!), Pedro Pascal (Oberyn!) and Boyd Holbrook. I remember being very young in Brazil and seeing the news talking about Pablo Escobar on TV and how terrified some people were about visiting Colombia at that time. Wagner Moura is a great actor and makes Escobar at the same time monstrous and charismatic. A lot of the series is in Spanish, so "kudos" for "Narcos" one more time, since most TV shows hardly have any other language besides English. I see some people saying Wagner Moura doesn't look like a drug lord boss, but most of them didn't even bothered to search for Pablo Escobar real picture. Yes people, bad guys can be middle age, overweight and don't look exactly intimidating at first sight.

My vote is 9/10.

"Vikings" (2013)
A very entertaining TV series if you enjoy the Viking Era or the adventure genre!, 29 November 2016

"Vikings" is a historical/adventure/drama television series, where the lead character is Ragnar Lothbrok, a viking young farmer who is ambitious and wants to explore new lands and civilizations. The character is inspired by the real Ragnar Lothbrok,a very well-known Norse hero, famous for his attempts to raid England and France. Besides him, we get to know his family and friends: his envious brother Rollo, his son Bjorn Ironside, his wife Lagertha (who is also a fantastic warrior!) his friend Floki, Aslaug, among many others characters who were also famous in the Viking Saga.

Ragnar starts as a frustrated farmer, who is not satisfied with Earl Haraldson interests in only sending his vikings raiders to poor places like Russian and Baltic countries. Ragnar and his friend Floki build a faster fleet of boats to make them to the western world, where Ragnar is sure they will have richer countries to raid and a better soil to plant and live. We see the ascension of Ragnar from farmer to King, and all the different cultures who never had contact with each other before,getting into war or trying to reach a diplomacy.

In my personal opinion, "Vikings" is very entertaining, even if it has some historical inaccuracies. I agree with Michael Hirst, the show runner, who said "that they had to take some liberties with Vikings, specially because no one really knows for sure what happened in the Dark Ages": If you watch "Vikings" as a TV series instead of a documentary and if you are into History/Viking/European movies/books/TV series you are probably going to enjoy it. It is one of my favorite TV series at the moment and I am anxious to the next season. The acting is also great and Katheryn Winnick is my muse!

My vote is 9/10.

Watchable, more because of the action stars united in a single movie then anything else, 7 October 2010

A team of elite mercenaries, the Expendables, leaded by Barney Ross head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator of a small South American island. Barney and Lee, a knife enthusiast, meet the rebel Sandra and discover what is really happening behind the conflict in the city. Sandra is revealed to be the dictator's daughter, and during an ambush, they need to scape and let Sandra behind. But Ross cannot let Sandra there, and to make peace with his conscience, he and his team decide to go back to the Island.

'The Expendables' is not a great masterpiece of the action movies but is not a terrible movie either; to be honest, as many users here already wrote, the movie is very ' so so'. I could say the movie is 'satisfying', if I need to use a word. Being honest, I was hoping for more, specially because all of the propaganda saying it would be the 'Greatest Action Film Ever', and also with the reunion of great names like Bruce Wilis,Schwarzenegger, Jet Li,Dolph Lundgren,etc. One of the most disappointing things in my opinion, was the fact that Arnold and Bruce were on the screen only to do a cameo appearance. A very funny cameo appearance, but still a cameo appearance. I thought Arnold and Bruce would be kicking asses with everybody, but in fact the movie centers around Stallone, Lundgren, and Statham's characters practically.

There are some cool explosions and some nice fighting scenes, for sure, but the plot is weak and cliché, and no matter how many bombs they can explode, an ordinary plot doesn't make a movie something incredible.

To make a small summary of what I am talking about: The movie is worthwhile because of the reunion of great legends of the action movies, but are better action films out there for sure. I would say for people to watch this movie, but with few expectations.

Companeros (1970)
Very cool western movie and the song stays in your head, 7 October 2010

In Mexico, during the revolution,the arms dealer Yodlaf "Swedish" Peterson is going to sell most of his weapons to the corrupt General Mongo. But there is a problem : The money Mongo is going to use to pay Yodlaf is locked in a bank safe almost impossible to break. Since Mongo and his men killed most men of the Village that could know the combination, the only man that is alive that knows the combination to open the safe is professor Santos,prisoner of the Americans in Fort Yuma.

Yodlaf agrees to bring Santos to Mongo, but he needs to go with Vasco to this mission, since Mongo suspects of the Swedish.

Besides most of the problems Vasco and Yodlaf need to deal with in their way to US, they even need to face Yodlaf's former business partner and now hater, John 'The Wooden Hand' and his Hawk, Marshall.

I watched "Vamos a Matar, Compañeros" because of my father's recommendation. I am not a western expert, so I cannot compare it to other movies of this genre, but I can say that this movie is very 'watchable' even for people who are not very familiar with the Spaghetti Western genre. I liked the character of Yodlaf Peterson, mostly because of his courage and his bad-ass -but-polite -gentleman actions. The clothes and the cinematography of this movie are also very good, as well some of the lines. I need to highlight two moments: First, when Yodlaf gives a dollar coin to Vasco, and the Second one when they transform Marshall (the hawk) into a barbecue! Priceless!

Silly and predictable movie, but it is good to see Lindsay back., 7 October 2010

Thea Clayhill is the secretary of the arrogant publisher Jerry Steinwald. She hates her job and she cannot wait to do something more meaningful, but all she gets are stupid chores like taking care of Jerry's pet. One day, after being distracted, an accident happens with Jerry's dog, and he, angry and tired of her terrible job, decides to fire her. Thea lies pretending that is pregnant to not lose the job, specially because after her parents died in a car accident, Thea needs to raise her younger sister Emma alone. Since he cannot fire a pregnant woman, Thea can keep her job, but she needs to use fake bellies and to fake her pregnancy to not make people suspicious. Jerry decides to stay out of the company for a while, during his dog's recovery, and his younger brother Nick, assumes his position. Nick is very different from Jerry, and besides being charming, he is a very nice guy. He and Thea start to work together in a search for a new incredible book, and Nick uses Thea's pregnancy to help him to publish a great book about pregnancy. The only problem is: For how much time can Thea keep this fake pregnancy?

' Labor Pains' is a very predictable movie, full of clichés, but it is a nice and soft romantic comedy to watch. The situations are totally unreal , but the movie itself is not a total waste of time ( although is not a masterpiece either). The pregnancy theme is something that I usually like, and it was good to see Lindsay in a role of an adult woman. In fact, she is doing good in this film and is nice to see her back, playing a more respectful character then the ones of most of her previous movies. Watching this movie even makes you forget all her drug- alcohol addiction that happens in her life and that she usually is famous for.

Tina discovers that she is pregnant!, 7 October 2010

Jenny continues to see Marina without Tim's knowledge, putting at risk her relationship with him more and more. Tim, on the other hand, is worried ( and jealous) because Jenny is going to meet an ex professor from her college that she had an affair, Nick Barashkov.

Jenny confides about her involvement with Marina to Nick, letting him very surprised but at the same time giving her support to go on, and also to write more bold stories.

Tina makes the pregnant test and discovers that she is pregnant from Marcus' sperm. Alice is with her when she makes the tests and is the first person to know about it; Tina asks Alice to not say anything to anyone yet, because she doesn't want Bette upset with her.

Dana is embarrassed because she had a female ejaculation with Lara; Alice, on the other hand, is interested in Shane's friend 'Lisa', a guy that is a lesbian identified man.

Jenny tells Marina that she is going to marry Tim, 7 October 2010

In this episode from the L World, Alice continues to date Gabby, the woman that all of her friends don't like and that treats Alice bad. In the beginning, Alice doesn't believe that Gabby still is a selfish woman, but when Shane tells her that Gabby is also dating Nadia, Alice finally put an end in her relationship with Gabby and tells her ( Gabby) everything that she (Alice) thinks about her.

Jenny tells Marina that she is going to marry Tim; she pretends to be happy, but in fact she is sad with this decision.

Dana finally decides to ask Lara to have dinner with her, and she asks her friends to help her in what kind of clothes she should wear on the occasion.

Shane decides to end Lacey's crazy attitudes of publishing banners and posters saying bad things about her. Shane talks with Lacey, explaining that she is not a fan of relationships and they stay in good terms.

Bette engages in a battle of wills with the board of directors whom oppose a new set of artwork called 'Provocations' at the California Art Center, and she takes a desperate step by traveling to Santa Barbara to see Peggy Peabody, an eccentric and notorious art collector, to ask for help in funding for setting up the event.

Silly British movie, but funny and with a nonsense story!, 7 October 2010

In a Small Village, all girls that turn 18 become lesbian vampires, thanks to a curse that Camilla, a lesbian vampire queen who was defeated by Baron Wolfgang Maclaren, put in the villagers many centuries ago. In the modern days, we have Jimmy and Fletch, two friends that want to do something cool on their vacations, and decide to go on a hiking in an unknown village( that of course, is the same cursed village full of lesbians vampires).

At first, Fletch and Jimmy are not very excited to stay in the place, but when they meet a group of hot girls, they decide to give the place a chance. The only problems is that the girls are turning into lesbian vampires one by one, till only Lotte is left. Obviously, they will need to do something to help the other girls and to prevent Lotte from becoming a lesbian vampire as well.

''Lesbian Vampire Killers '' is a funny and silly movie. By it's title you can know what you are going to get: a B movie full of lesbian vampires, blood and nonsense! I see many people complaining about the movie, but come on! What would you expect with a movie with a title like this? It's suppose to be bad and fun! At least they are not fooling anyone!

Anyway, I loved Fletch, he was the comic star in this movie, specially with his references about the gay werewolf and his frustration with women. All the girls casted were very beautiful and most of the jokes were fun too.

Watch this movie is if you want to see blood, disgusting fluids and a funny nonsense film!

Very weak and silly, at best you can watch on TV, 7 October 2010

Needy Lesnicky is a geek girl, who has the beautiful Jennifer Check as her best friend. Although Needy is always doing things to please Jennifer, the opposite doesn't happen very often. One night, Needy and Jennifer go to the concert of a rock band that Jennifer likes, and the place is set on fire. Jennifer is abducted by the band in their van, appearing many hours later,covered in blood, throwing up a dark liquid and with a very strange psychotic behavior. From the next days on, many of the boys from their school are found dead and with parts of their bodies eaten. Needy starts to suspect of Jennifer's behavior, until Jennifer tells Needy what happened to her: She was sacrificed by the band members in a black magic ritual,in order to make them have more success and fame.

The only problem is that Jennifer was not a virgin as the band thought, so instead of dying,she was transformed into a flesh-eater succubus.

I need to be honest and say that the reason I decided to watch this movie was because I liked a lot the trailers and thought the movie would be at least fun. But for my bad surprise, the movie is neither funny or frightening, in fact, its very bland. I think they gave too much expectations on Megan Fox' popularity , so they didn't care so much about the script. I am even surprised to know that the person who wrote the script was Diablo Cody, the same person who wrote the script for the acclaimed Juno.

In my opinion this is not the worst movie ever made in the movie industry, but it's definitely not worth paying for the DVD or for a rent. At best, watch it on your television.

Tomoyo discovers Sakura's secret!, 7 October 2010

Sakura is having a hard time to stay interested in the job of card captor. Kero needs to constantly remind her that she needs to take all the Clow cards for the sake of human kind.

When Sakura arrives at school, Tomoyo shows her the video she did of Sakura and Kero flying in the sky, forcing Sakura and Kero to tell Tomoyo about the story of the Clow Cards and Sakura's new mission as a card captor.

At Sakura's School,everything is a mess and being vandalized. Tomoyo and Kero thinks that it is a Clow card that is doing everything, so Sakura needs to go to school at night to capture the card, since some cards are only active at night.

In this episode, Tomoyo also shows the beautiful costume wardrobe she did for Sakura to dress her in the missions of catching the Clow cards.

Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]