Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Watchable, more because of the action stars united in a single movie then anything else, 7 October 2010

A team of elite mercenaries, the Expendables, leaded by Barney Ross head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator of a small South American island. Barney and Lee, a knife enthusiast, meet the rebel Sandra and discover what is really happening behind the conflict in the city. Sandra is revealed to be the dictator's daughter, and during an ambush, they need to scape and let Sandra behind. But Ross cannot let Sandra there, and to make peace with his conscience, he and his team decide to go back to the Island.

'The Expendables' is not a great masterpiece of the action movies but is not a terrible movie either; to be honest, as many users here already wrote, the movie is very ' so so'. I could say the movie is 'satisfying', if I need to use a word. Being honest, I was hoping for more, specially because all of the propaganda saying it would be the 'Greatest Action Film Ever', and also with the reunion of great names like Bruce Wilis,Schwarzenegger, Jet Li,Dolph Lundgren,etc. One of the most disappointing things in my opinion, was the fact that Arnold and Bruce were on the screen only to do a cameo appearance. A very funny cameo appearance, but still a cameo appearance. I thought Arnold and Bruce would be kicking asses with everybody, but in fact the movie centers around Stallone, Lundgren, and Statham's characters practically.

There are some cool explosions and some nice fighting scenes, for sure, but the plot is weak and cliché, and no matter how many bombs they can explode, an ordinary plot doesn't make a movie something incredible.

To make a small summary of what I am talking about: The movie is worthwhile because of the reunion of great legends of the action movies, but are better action films out there for sure. I would say for people to watch this movie, but with few expectations.

Companeros (1970)
Very cool western movie and the song stays in your head, 7 October 2010

In Mexico, during the revolution,the arms dealer Yodlaf "Swedish" Peterson is going to sell most of his weapons to the corrupt General Mongo. But there is a problem : The money Mongo is going to use to pay Yodlaf is locked in a bank safe almost impossible to break. Since Mongo and his men killed most men of the Village that could know the combination, the only man that is alive that knows the combination to open the safe is professor Santos,prisoner of the Americans in Fort Yuma.

Yodlaf agrees to bring Santos to Mongo, but he needs to go with Vasco to this mission, since Mongo suspects of the Swedish.

Besides most of the problems Vasco and Yodlaf need to deal with in their way to US, they even need to face Yodlaf's former business partner and now hater, John 'The Wooden Hand' and his Hawk, Marshall.

I watched "Vamos a Matar, Compañeros" because of my father's recommendation. I am not a western expert, so I cannot compare it to other movies of this genre, but I can say that this movie is very 'watchable' even for people who are not very familiar with the Spaghetti Western genre. I liked the character of Yodlaf Peterson, mostly because of his courage and his bad-ass -but-polite -gentleman actions. The clothes and the cinematography of this movie are also very good, as well some of the lines. I need to highlight two moments: First, when Yodlaf gives a dollar coin to Vasco, and the Second one when they transform Marshall (the hawk) into a barbecue! Priceless!

Silly and predictable movie, but it is good to see Lindsay back., 7 October 2010

Thea Clayhill is the secretary of the arrogant publisher Jerry Steinwald. She hates her job and she cannot wait to do something more meaningful, but all she gets are stupid chores like taking care of Jerry's pet. One day, after being distracted, an accident happens with Jerry's dog, and he, angry and tired of her terrible job, decides to fire her. Thea lies pretending that is pregnant to not lose the job, specially because after her parents died in a car accident, Thea needs to raise her younger sister Emma alone. Since he cannot fire a pregnant woman, Thea can keep her job, but she needs to use fake bellies and to fake her pregnancy to not make people suspicious. Jerry decides to stay out of the company for a while, during his dog's recovery, and his younger brother Nick, assumes his position. Nick is very different from Jerry, and besides being charming, he is a very nice guy. He and Thea start to work together in a search for a new incredible book, and Nick uses Thea's pregnancy to help him to publish a great book about pregnancy. The only problem is: For how much time can Thea keep this fake pregnancy?

' Labor Pains' is a very predictable movie, full of clichés, but it is a nice and soft romantic comedy to watch. The situations are totally unreal , but the movie itself is not a total waste of time ( although is not a masterpiece either). The pregnancy theme is something that I usually like, and it was good to see Lindsay in a role of an adult woman. In fact, she is doing good in this film and is nice to see her back, playing a more respectful character then the ones of most of her previous movies. Watching this movie even makes you forget all her drug- alcohol addiction that happens in her life and that she usually is famous for.

Tina discovers that she is pregnant!, 7 October 2010

Jenny continues to see Marina without Tim's knowledge, putting at risk her relationship with him more and more. Tim, on the other hand, is worried ( and jealous) because Jenny is going to meet an ex professor from her college that she had an affair, Nick Barashkov.

Jenny confides about her involvement with Marina to Nick, letting him very surprised but at the same time giving her support to go on, and also to write more bold stories.

Tina makes the pregnant test and discovers that she is pregnant from Marcus' sperm. Alice is with her when she makes the tests and is the first person to know about it; Tina asks Alice to not say anything to anyone yet, because she doesn't want Bette upset with her.

Dana is embarrassed because she had a female ejaculation with Lara; Alice, on the other hand, is interested in Shane's friend 'Lisa', a guy that is a lesbian identified man.

Jenny tells Marina that she is going to marry Tim, 7 October 2010

In this episode from the L World, Alice continues to date Gabby, the woman that all of her friends don't like and that treats Alice bad. In the beginning, Alice doesn't believe that Gabby still is a selfish woman, but when Shane tells her that Gabby is also dating Nadia, Alice finally put an end in her relationship with Gabby and tells her ( Gabby) everything that she (Alice) thinks about her.

Jenny tells Marina that she is going to marry Tim; she pretends to be happy, but in fact she is sad with this decision.

Dana finally decides to ask Lara to have dinner with her, and she asks her friends to help her in what kind of clothes she should wear on the occasion.

Shane decides to end Lacey's crazy attitudes of publishing banners and posters saying bad things about her. Shane talks with Lacey, explaining that she is not a fan of relationships and they stay in good terms.

Bette engages in a battle of wills with the board of directors whom oppose a new set of artwork called 'Provocations' at the California Art Center, and she takes a desperate step by traveling to Santa Barbara to see Peggy Peabody, an eccentric and notorious art collector, to ask for help in funding for setting up the event.

Silly British movie, but funny and with a nonsense story!, 7 October 2010

In a Small Village, all girls that turn 18 become lesbian vampires, thanks to a curse that Camilla, a lesbian vampire queen who was defeated by Baron Wolfgang Maclaren, put in the villagers many centuries ago. In the modern days, we have Jimmy and Fletch, two friends that want to do something cool on their vacations, and decide to go on a hiking in an unknown village( that of course, is the same cursed village full of lesbians vampires).

At first, Fletch and Jimmy are not very excited to stay in the place, but when they meet a group of hot girls, they decide to give the place a chance. The only problems is that the girls are turning into lesbian vampires one by one, till only Lotte is left. Obviously, they will need to do something to help the other girls and to prevent Lotte from becoming a lesbian vampire as well.

''Lesbian Vampire Killers '' is a funny and silly movie. By it's title you can know what you are going to get: a B movie full of lesbian vampires, blood and nonsense! I see many people complaining about the movie, but come on! What would you expect with a movie with a title like this? It's suppose to be bad and fun! At least they are not fooling anyone!

Anyway, I loved Fletch, he was the comic star in this movie, specially with his references about the gay werewolf and his frustration with women. All the girls casted were very beautiful and most of the jokes were fun too.

Watch this movie is if you want to see blood, disgusting fluids and a funny nonsense film!

Very weak and silly, at best you can watch on TV, 7 October 2010

Needy Lesnicky is a geek girl, who has the beautiful Jennifer Check as her best friend. Although Needy is always doing things to please Jennifer, the opposite doesn't happen very often. One night, Needy and Jennifer go to the concert of a rock band that Jennifer likes, and the place is set on fire. Jennifer is abducted by the band in their van, appearing many hours later,covered in blood, throwing up a dark liquid and with a very strange psychotic behavior. From the next days on, many of the boys from their school are found dead and with parts of their bodies eaten. Needy starts to suspect of Jennifer's behavior, until Jennifer tells Needy what happened to her: She was sacrificed by the band members in a black magic ritual,in order to make them have more success and fame.

The only problem is that Jennifer was not a virgin as the band thought, so instead of dying,she was transformed into a flesh-eater succubus.

I need to be honest and say that the reason I decided to watch this movie was because I liked a lot the trailers and thought the movie would be at least fun. But for my bad surprise, the movie is neither funny or frightening, in fact, its very bland. I think they gave too much expectations on Megan Fox' popularity , so they didn't care so much about the script. I am even surprised to know that the person who wrote the script was Diablo Cody, the same person who wrote the script for the acclaimed Juno.

In my opinion this is not the worst movie ever made in the movie industry, but it's definitely not worth paying for the DVD or for a rent. At best, watch it on your television.

Tomoyo discovers Sakura's secret!, 7 October 2010

Sakura is having a hard time to stay interested in the job of card captor. Kero needs to constantly remind her that she needs to take all the Clow cards for the sake of human kind.

When Sakura arrives at school, Tomoyo shows her the video she did of Sakura and Kero flying in the sky, forcing Sakura and Kero to tell Tomoyo about the story of the Clow Cards and Sakura's new mission as a card captor.

At Sakura's School,everything is a mess and being vandalized. Tomoyo and Kero thinks that it is a Clow card that is doing everything, so Sakura needs to go to school at night to capture the card, since some cards are only active at night.

In this episode, Tomoyo also shows the beautiful costume wardrobe she did for Sakura to dress her in the missions of catching the Clow cards.

The first episode of this enchanting anime!, 7 October 2010

In this first episode, we are introduced to Sakura Kinomoto and her family & friends: her annoying big brother Toya, who always makes fun of her; her kind archeology professor father, Fujitaka Kinomoto; Yukito Tsukishiro, Toya's best friend and Sakura's object of affection and the sweet Tomoyo Daidouji, Sakura's best friend who loves to record everything in her camera, specially Sakura herself.

When Sakura is alone at home, she listens to a strange sound coming from her Dad's study room; when she enters the room, a different book named ''The Clow'' starts sparkling and making noises. When Sakura opens the book, she sees that it is full of cards, leading her to accidentally use the spell from one of the cards called Windy, that makes all the other cards disappear and Kerberos, the guardian, to wake up.

Kerberos (called ''Kero'' by Sakura and Tomoyo) makes Sakura the new card captor and they go after the Fly Card in their first mission together.

Heavy Rain (2010) (VG)
An incredible game that became one of my favorites!, 7 October 2010

'Heavy Rain' is a drama game that turns around the death of many young boys, with ages between 8 to 13 years old, that were murdered by a killer known as the ' origami killer', that always let an origami in the hand of the victim and an orchid in his chest. Another trait of the killer, is that all boys are found drowned.

Ethan Mars, our leading man, is in search of his son Shawn, that is probably a victim of the origami killer. Besides him, we also play with the private detective Scott Shelby, the journalist Madison Paige and Norman Jayden (my personally favorite character!), a FBI agent.

Heavy Rain is a game that looks very similar to a movie, where the player decide which actions the characters are going to make, changing the course of the story and also the ending. In this game, you are also allowed to play with all the protagonists of the story. 'Heavy Rain' has beautiful graphics and the feeling you have is that you are watching a Blu Ray movie; The actors that were casted are identical to the characters (specially the actor who plays Shelby, Sam Douglas) too!

I love games that gives us, players, liberty to control the actions of the characters. But don't think this game is only based in doing decisions: the player needs to be astute and some practice to not commit errors in the commands, not to mention that you need to pay attention in the story to not miss details and get compromised.

I recommend this game for anyone who wants to play an incredible and totally different game! If you have a PS3, don't let this game scape your hands!

Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]