barrys82

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The Expendables review, 25 August 2012

Entertaining, enjoyable. A 2012 movie but with an 80's taste. No CGI , no computers, just old-fashioned special FX and a bunch of 40, 50, 60 and even 70 years old actors who still can do action movies, believe it or not. This group of old geezers make fun of all their previous movies, The action sequences are very well made. Of course that the plot is as simple as A B C but as you all know The Expendables 2 is a movie not intended to make you think, its only intention is to make people spend a good time with a spectacular and adrenaline-pumping action-packed extravaganza and that's just the way this movie should be seen. In conclusion, The Expendables 2 is an enjoyable movie with good old-fashioned, entertaining and mindless violence.

Not worthy. Don't waste your time and money, 27 February 2012

When I knew that there was going to be a second Ghost Rider movie I really expected to be better than the first one. Now I realize that I was completely wrong and I feel so disappointed. The movie is a completely waste of time, with a lack of content and story. Although the CGI and the FX are really good, they depend and abuse on them. What can I say about the cast. Nicolas Cage is definitely awful, the only thing he does is laugh and scream all his lines. Violante Placido's performance was really weak, Ciaran Hinds as Roark is way overacted, maybe the only good performance was the one of Fergus Riordan as Danny. In conclusion, if you are one of the people that thought the first one was bad (not including me) well I recommend you not to go and watch this one and if you still want to watch it well, it's under your own risk.

A unique and enjoyable experience, 30 November 2011

The Muppets movie is a enjoyable, funny movie. The moment I sat on my seat and began watching the movie I felt like a kid again, that's the magic The Muppets have. The film is simple but entertaining, the rhythm is slow but never boring. The music is great, with new songs and also with the all- time Muppets classics from the TV show. The performances were exactly the way they should be. Jason Segel and Amy Adams make a perfect couple on screen. Chris Cooper is a very hilarious villain. Watching Zack Galifianakis, Jack Black, Whoopi Goldberg, Jim Parsons and many more prestigious well known artists with special appearances was awesome.With this movie we can assure that good things never get old and The Muppets are a prove of that. If you're a Muppets fan, definitely you will enjoy the movie, if not give it a try you won't regret it

In Time (2011)
Not what I expected, 19 November 2011

It has action, it has adventure. At first I couldn't believe Justin Timberlake as the action hero but as the movie moves along he convince me. Amanda Seyfried as beautiful she is, she looks kinda weird with that red-hair look and his performance was a little weak and not very credible. Also I would wish more from Olivia Wilde, her performance was way too short. A good surprise was watching Johnny Galecki in a role completely different And Cillian Murphy as the corrupted cop Raymond Leon was good, that role fits him really well. The movie rhythm is way too slow and repetitive. Resuming, the idea of the film is quite interesting and original, but poorly developed by director Andrew Niccol. It's a shame because I really expected good thing about this movie

A barely convincing debut from Guillermo Ariaga, 5 January 2011

The Burning Plain, a romantic mystery about a woman on the edge who takes an emotional journey back to the defining moment of her life. Written and directed by Guillermo Arriaga (Amores Perros, 21 Grams, Babel). It is a heart breaking, touching movie. It follows the formula of having a main story with various sub-stories that in the end their paths are crossed. The rhythm is a little slow, it continuously changes from story to story making it hard to follow and a little boring at some moments. The cast is good. Charliza Theron, Kim Basinger John Corbett, Robin Tunney, Jose Maria Yazpik, everyone delivering very convincing performances although some of them are a little overacted as well. In conclusion, If you've seen Babel or 21 Grams or Amores Perros, all of them written by Ariaga, then you know what to expect with The Burning Plain

Don't ask why. Just enjoy it, 5 January 2011

The Expendables is a movie directed by Sylvester Stallone that tells the story of a group of renegades that make the job out of the eyes of the law. Their latest job is to overthrow an South American dictator but without knowing that there's more behind all this. This film full of action and adventure is like a tribute to all those 80's and 90's action movies, first because all the representatives of those movies appear here (Bruce Willis, Sylsvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger). The story is predictable and the plot is a little weak. The cast is interesting, formed by actors (Stallone, Li, Statham, Lundgren, Rourke) and wrestlers (Austin and Couture) everyone doing the best they can and with the special appearances of Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger parodying themselves the movie is quite enjoyable. In conclusion, you most take The Expewndables for what it is, a movie which only purpose is to entertain the viewer and I think it achieve it pretty well.

Good enough for my taste, 22 December 2010

Remake of the 1956 film in which a writer's plan to expose a corrupt district attorney takes an unexpected turn. The movie is a good thriller with very good suspense, action and adventure. The story is very interesting, it will catch you from the very beginning, the plot is very well developed. The rhythm at the beginning of the movie is kinda slow and makes the movie a little boring but it began to get better near the end and also the twist at the end was really surprising. The cast is good. Michael Douglas is very good, this type of movies suits him very well. Amber Tamblyn was very convincing also and Jesse Metcalf gave a decent performance as well. In conclusion, It was a good enjoyable movie, could be better but one can be satisfied with the result.

Kids please don't ask your parents to watch this, 22 December 2010

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore is the sequel of 2001 Cats and Dogs, it tells the story of Kitty Galore, formerly an agent for cat spy organization MEOWS, has gone rogue and hatched a diabolical plan to not only bring her canine enemies to heel, but take down her former kitty comrades and make the world her scratching post. Faced with this unprecedented threat, cats and dogs will be forced to join forces for the first time in history in an unlikely alliance to save themselves and their humans. Unlike the first one that was original and enjoyable, this one pretends to be funny without achieving it, the characters aren't as credible someone would think, the story isn't very good and the plot isn't very well developed. The cast is good in names. Chris O'Donnell and Jack McBrayer in live action characters and the voices of Neil Patrick Harris, Bette Midler, Joe Pantoliano, Sean Hayes, James Marsden, Christina Applegate and Nick Nolte. In conclusion, the movie may attract little kids for a period of time with some moments of humor but that's it.

Far from what I expected, 14 December 2010

Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, The Last Airbender tells the story of a world where human civilization is divided into four nations: Water, Earth, Air and Fire. and the only one who can solve this is a little boy named Aang, the latest reincarnation of the Avatar, the only person in the world able to control all four elements. With the help of two siblings, Katara and Sokka, they go on a journey to defeat the Lord of the Fire Nation. Now Although the movie isn't quite accurate and the timeline is a little weird, The story is a little weak, the plot isn't well developed, the movie barely fulfilled my expectations as a fan of the t.v. series. The movie is a little dark for my taste and the rhythm is way too slow. The cast has its pros and cons. Noah Ringer performing as Aang is quite convincing as well as Nicola Petz as Katara, Dev Patel as Suko is in my opinion a little overacted and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka I feel that he didn't understand his character and he didn't get fully into him. In conclusion, The Last Airbender was a movie that I enjoy just because I'm a fan but it was way far from what I expected also as a fan.

The Switch (2010/I)
A romantic comedy you wont remember, 23 November 2010

The Switch basically tells the story of a woman who desperately wants to have a baby and she plans to find the best donor possible. The donor is presented on a party where the woman's best male friend changes accidentally the sperm of the donor with his own. Time passes by and she returns with her son unleashing an innumerable amount of conflicts. It is the typical romantic comedy about a man in love with his best girl friend but she don't feel the same about him. The story is interesting, the plot is OK. It has some good moments of humor but the slow rhythm makes it a little boring. The cast is good, Jennifer Aniston is made for this type of movies, and makes a very good couple with Jason Bateman whose performance is quite convincing. Thomas Robinson, the kid in the role of Jennifer Aniston's son is also very good and has-very good chemistry with Bateman is quite interesting. Jeff Goldblum and Juliette Lewis are convincing enough in their secondary roles as the friend of Bateman and Aniston respectively. In conclusion, The Switch is a romantic comedy intended more to women than to man but that doesn't mean that both can enjoy it.

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]