worship_HIM97

Utterly Amazing!, 27 July 2009

This episode blew me away. The ONLY reason why I give it a 9 and not a 10 is because (even though I can't think of the name of the film) a great deal of Mulder's imaginings were borrowed from a film about Christ being shown what the world would be like if he were to live a "normal" life and not die for our sins. Therefore, I say that it's not as original as it could have been, but it is still amazing! I absolutely LOVE the scene in which Cancer Man opens up the curtains in Mulder's bedroom where he lies on his deathbed to see that the world is being destroyed, that it is burning up.

The final scene of the episode is totally and completely epic as well, a scene in which we see Mulder and Scully confess their need for each other. It is quite clear throughout this series that although it may not necessarily be romantic, there is an incredibly deep love between these two characters, probably more so than I can say for any two characters in any television series. Anyway, this episode is epic; I cannot stress it enough! It is by far one of my favorites of the series, especially since the question of Mulder's fate regarding his exposure to the "black-ink" virus is FINALLY answered.

1st to Die (2003) (TV)
Great James Patterson adaptation, 8 August 2007

James Patterson's bestselling novel 1st to Die is brilliantly displayed on the screen with Russell Mulcahy's made for TV film. As an avid James Patterson fan, I was unexpectedly very much impressed by this film, especially bearing in mind that it is a TV film.

Patterson's pages fly by in a lengthy two and a half hours, and the length is a feat that I greatly admire, because it leaves less room for mistakes. The longer the film, the closer it can be kept to the text, and, with a few meager exceptions, this film is very close to James Patterson's novel.

Inspector Lindsay Boxer (Tracy Pollan) finds herself in the middle of a grisly murder. Two newlyweds are found brutally murdered in their hotel room with both of their wedding rings missing. However, as Lindsay predicts beforehand, the killer is at large, and he's not done killing. As more newlyweds are found murdered, Lindsay's adrenaline shoots sky high, and she finds herself seeking assistance from her friends, medical examiner Claire Washburn (Pam Grier), D.A. Jill Barnhart (Megan Gallagher), and her newly obtained companion, reporter Cindy Thomas (Carly Pope). Together, they form The Womens Murder Club with the intent of examining evidence in a different way in order to solve cases.

As the case starts revealing more evidence, Lindsay and her partner, Chris Ralleigh (Gil Bellows), find that their list of suspects is narrowed down to only one, but is he really their killer? Is there more evidence than meets the eye? Unfortunately, Lindsay is not only struggling to hunt down a madman, she is also fighting for her life. After being diagnosed with a very severe and potentially fatal blood disease, she fears that in near time, her closest friends will no longer have her in their lives, as her condition, even with treatment, seems to worsen. But will she be the first to die? With the exception of the ending of the story being slightly different, this film sticks pretty close to Patterson's novel. I was also surprised by how graphic the film is, again considering that it was made for television. Don't make the unwise decision to turn this film down just because of a negative review. If you enjoyed Patterson's novel, then you will enjoy this film.

Also recommended to you is Womens Murder Club, coming to ABC on Friday October 12. The series will revive Inspector Lindsay Boxer and the other members of the Womens Murder Club in a television series based on Patterson's book series.

Clooney unexpectedly creates an inspiration!, 8 June 2006

George Clooney sets the stage in a very professional manner with the film Good Night, and Good Luck. The film is based on actual events that took place during the Cold War.

The movie takes place in 1953, when the television is still a new establishment. David Strathairn plays the role of Edward R. Murrow, a broadcast journalist whose program used to be featured on the radio but is now on television. Always ending his stories with his quote "Good Night, and Good Luck," he finds himself in a conflict with Joseph McCarthy, the junior senator of Wisconsin.

As communism was a major threat to citizens of America at the time, being accused of practicing it was a major enormity. When Joseph McCarthy accuses Edward Murrow of being a communist, Murrow decides to editorialize his news program and deal with the issue on television, retaliating as he grows weary of the senator's methods. This stirs a considerable amount of controversy, but Murrow still doesn't capitulate. He continues to form reprisal by stating his ill opinion of McCarthy on the television for the citizens of America to hear.

This film helps open eyes to some common issues that were dealt with during that time period, something that is motivating to those who see it. It does not only apply to the 1950's either. The issue dealt with in this film are still highly relative today.

Good Night, and Good Luck is presented in black and white quality which helps capture the cinematic era for its viewers. It is, undoubtedly, an exceptionable work of historical fiction, and it can currently be purchased or rented on Warner Brothers DVD.

9/10!

Mean Girls (2004)
Lohan's best film by far!, 14 August 2005

Lindsay Lohan is an extremely attractive young woman who is often under-appreciated by many. Even though this movie (compared to The Parent Trap, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Get a Clue, and Freaky Friday) is intended for a more mature audience, it is much better than any other Lindsay Lohan film that I've seen.

Lindsay Lohan plays Cady Heron, a teenager who has never been to actual school before. She has always been home-schooled in Africa. Now she must face the unfortunate realities of high school, which include cliques and bullying. However, she also makes a couple of friends including the artistic goth-punk Janis and the homosexual Damian. They do their best to help her survive, but the seducing power of "The Plastics" (a.k.a. The "Mean Girls") overpower Janis and Damian's plan to get the 4-1-1 on Regina, the meanest and snobbiest "Plastic" of them all, because as Cady begins to hang with "The Plastics," she begins to become more and more like them everyday.

This movie has the best plot, the best band of characters, and the best setting out of all three of Lohan's three most major movies (Freaky Friday and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen as the other two). This movie expresses Lindsay at her best. I recommend it if you enjoy this genre of films and you are fond of Lindsay Lohan.

9/10!

Why this was so successful..., 11 August 2005

The Dukes of Hazzard... a classic. (:-0 Oh, whoops. I forgot to mention that that is what Hollywood is all about now, which is ruining classics.

The Dukes of Hazzard is based on a TV series which premiered in 1979 with the same name. I'm not very familiar with the TV series, as I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I do know that it was nothing like this ridiculously horrible movie which I knew had no potential anyway.

Bo Duke (Sean William Scott) and Luke Duke (Johnny Knoxville) are more than just best friends. They're cousins, and they're even closer than brothers. They have been best friends since they can remember, and even though they often argue about stupid unnecessary things such as girls and sex, they're still best friends, and they will be until the end, which in this movie's case, is hopefully as soon as this movie goes out of theaters.

Bo and Luke have an extremely attractive cousin named Daisy Duke (Jessica Simpson), and they're always willing to stand up for her when other guys attempt to milk her for what she's worth. They believe that you are never to shame the Duke's name, and unfortunately, they often get into violent quarrels because of it. If it wasn't for Daisy and their beloved Uncle Jesse (Willie Nelson), they'd probably be behind bars for life.

When the evil and unfeeling Boss Hogg (Burt Reynolds) decides to make a coal mine out of Bo and Luke's farm, they must try to stop him, and that is pretty much what this entire 105 minute movie is about. With the help of two attractive girls that they used to be closely associated with, Daisy, and Uncle Jesse, they will have to perform stunts that won't exactly please the police.

The primary complaint that I have about this movie is that it starred Jessica Simpson as Daisy. I mean, come on, I guess it is a small world after all. Out of all the young and beautiful women out there, was it necessary to cast Jessica Simpson? She simply cannot act, and she really needs to just stick to her singing career. She bombed this movie.

Allow me to get to my point. The reason that this movie was so successful was because it was aimed at teen audiences, which is probably why Jessica Simpson was casted, and most people wanted to see her act (sorry about the disappointment). Another reason is that this is obviously a remake of a classic TV series, as I've already stated, and that's another reason why it was so successful. It held too much temporary capability because of what it was.

There are definitely other things that I think sucked about this movie, but I won't take the time to go through the extremely long list of disappointments. It isn't worth it, because I've already made my strongest points evident, and in my opinion, that's all that needs to be stated about this movie.

Very funny & very enjoyable!, 4 August 2005

I don't find it just that this show didn't last very long. It was only on for a few weeks, and this was a great show. Dylan Baker as the father of the family was an excellent choice of casting and so was David Henrie as Petey, who was hilariously mischievous.

The Pitts is about a dysfunctional family who can't be like other families. This isn't because they choose not to, but because of their outrageously bad luck. Everything they attempt to do normally ends in disaster and grave misfortune. This isn't like other shows on Fox that portray an unfortunate family in a realistic and usual way. This family's bad luck is unnatural and non-realistic. As an example, in one episode, the parents turn into werewolves. Man, this show was a classic!

My favorite episode aired was the one where Faith got a new car which could think for itself and even talk. The end of the episode was a smile evoking conclusion where the family went to Vegas, along with the strange car, of course.

Whatever happened to this show? Why does Fox have to be so ridiculously unreasonable and keep dumb shows of bore fest such as King of the Hill and The Simpsons for years but immediately take good shows such as this off the air? It's unjust, and I wish so badly that they would bring this back.

A classic! 5/5!

Okay... I guess the new movie was necessary, 3 August 2005

I am a big fan of The Punisher, but allow me to assure you that it wasn't this movie that promoted that. The new movie is by far much better, because this one is too centralized on Frank Castle being a vigilante assassin and not on him being a man. This one fails to actually show you what happened to his family, which I was very disappointed with. This movie could have been so much better.

I saw the new movie starring Tom Jane first, and then when I found out that there was an old 1989 film as well, I immediately decided that I wanted to see it too. I'm glad I did, because I got to see a different version of the film and most importantly, the comic book, but I just wish that this movie would have been better than it was.

I'm not saying that I hate this movie, because I'm far from that, but I most certainly don't love it either. There isn't enough of a storyline, as it is too action-packed. Also, Frank Castle (Dolph Lundgren) has no character, because all you are pretty much allowed to know about him is that he is an assassin, but you don't get to discover his personality or his human traits (which would point to a tortured and desperate man who does what he does as a way of driving his grief and his pain away).

The new movie causes you to feel sympathetic and it almost makes you cry when you see his family slaughtered. However, you don't even get to see that enactment happen in this one. Why? I don't know, but it killed the movie.

The only aspect of the movie that I did enjoy was the torture rack scene. Call me a sadist if you want, but those things are cool! I thought it was so cool when Castle got the thug on the torture rack, turned it on and left him cuffed to it. That scene was cool.

If there's a way that you can see this for free, then go for it. Otherwise, don't waste your money on it unless you really feel that it's something that you are desperate to see.

A good comedy that actually lasted, 3 August 2005

It is January 9th of 2000, more than five years ago, and Fox viewers are waiting until 8:30 to see what Fox's new show Malcolm In The Middle is all about. Fox has referred to it as being a live version of The Simpsons, but would that really be true? Would fans come to admire Malcolm like they do The Simpsons? Well, that's why it was crucial to watch it, to see if it was going to be good.

My own personal judgment would tell you that no, even to this day, Malcolm In The Middle has not become as popular as The Simpsons, but it is still an excellent comedy. It has lasted for more than five years now, and hopefully, it doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon, even though I know that if it's losing a drastic amount of viewers, it won't have a choice.

Malcolm (Frankie Muniz) is your typical kid. He has a family, he goes to school, and he even has an older brother that he looks up to. However, did I forget to mention that his family is dysfunctional, he once went to a special gifted class for a few years which only caused him to become a laughing stock, and the brother that he looks up to has a criminal record and once went to military school for a long time? Typical? Well, maybe that was a bit of a deception on my part.

Malcolm has three brothers (four including Jamie), which are Dewey (Erik Per Sullivan), Reese (Justin Berfield), and Francis (Chris Masterson). They can almost never get along, except for when they all agree on a prank or a stupid activity to do such as dropping a cart load of merchandise that belonged to their parents off the roof of their house. Francis hasn't lived home for years, as he first went to military school, then to Alaska where he got married, and then to a ranch where he worked for a couple named Otto and Gretchen.

Malcolm's parents are anything but two of a kind. His mother, Lois (Jane Kaczmarek), is a controlling and aggressive parent who never allows the kids to get away with anything, except for when it's impossible for her to stop them. His father, Hal (Bryan Cranston), is an easy-going, active, and tolerative parent who has a tendency to give into the kids every now and then (which I think is because he knows that he once used to be just like them).

The family does "seem" to be unlucky, as a number of disastrous and god-awful things have happened to them, such as their brand new refrigerator being blown up by a grenade. Of course, these disastrous events have nothing to do with the stupidity and restlessness of the boys. (:-)

This is an awesome show, and I hope Fox keeps it for another couple of years. I especially liked that the producer of the show (Linwood Boomer if I'm correct - please send me a private message if I'm wrong)has failed to reveal the last name of the family. It just makes it more simple and even mysterious. Please don't give up on it (continue to watch it), and maybe Fox will keep it for a while.

5/5!

Awesome ending! (Don't worry, there are no spoilers!), 2 August 2005

It really is sad when an eleven year old child is a better actor or actress in a film than anyone else in it, especially when Robert DeNiro is part of that very small list. However, Hide & Seek is one of those films. It is difficult to believe that an actress that young (probably ten when this movie was made) can act with such superiority, but unless the film was a documented reality movie (which don't worry, I don't really wonder whether it is or not), that is the case.

A young girl (Dakota Fanning) loses her mother to a suicide incident and is never the same again. She misses her mother with passion, and all of the happiness and life she once had is drained from her. She therefore creates an imaginary friend named Charlie, which is all well and good, up until Charlie starts committing heinous acts against her father (DeNiro).

The movie is very fast paced and it leads to a nearly fatal ending that you will never forget. The twist is not predictable, and you will never be able to pick up on it during the movie, unless you're very observant (there are some subtle hints throughout the movie).

The ending is what makes this movie. I love movies that kick me in the balls at the end, and I have seen a countless number of movies like that (The Others, Secret Window, and Vanilla Sky as some examples), and I have yet to be able to see it coming beforehand.

8/10!

Very good... Duff is triumphant!, 31 July 2005

Raise Your Voice is a movie that was released that everyone knew way ahead of time Hilary Duff was going to be in, and as expected, it wasn't a major success. However, I still think that it is one of Duff's better performances, and I wish to explain why in the following film review.

Hilary Duff plays Terri Fletcher, a young woman who loses her brother in a car accident that she was in as well but survived. She loves to sing, and she has dreams of one day going to Los Angeles to go to a Summer music program. That is rather difficult, however, because her father's strict oppositions are always an obstacle. Before her brother, Paul, passes away in the accident, he sends a DVD containing clips of Terri performing and singing during regular routine activities to the music program. After the accident, she discovers that she was accepted into the program, but decides not to go due to her grief and guilt, which were both direct results of the accident.

That fails to get in the way, as encouragement from her mother and her aunt eventually changes her mind, and she as well as her mother and her aunt must lie to her father by saying that Terri is staying with her aunt when she's really at the music program.

The film is filled with charm and heartwarming moments, and it is also the most powerful film that Duff has ever starred in as far as emotion is concerned. It's a great film for the whole family (as it only bears a PG rating) and it never fails to cause you to shed some tears. Great movie!

8/10!